Printing and Plotting

Printing and Plotting

JackNC
Message 1 of 4 (569 Views)

Putting Bookmarks in Multi-Sheet .pdf's

569 Views, 3 Replies
10-14-2011 08:50 AM

I have found that if you publish to single-sheet .pdf's and then combine the .pdf's into one file using Acrobat, each sheet is bookmarked using the name of the individual files for the bookmark names.  However, if you publish to a multi-sheet .pdf, no bookmarks are created.  Is there any way to create multi-sheet .pdf's in AutoCad and have bookmarks automatically inserted (hopefully using the name of the layout as the bookmark name)?

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 4 (563 Views)

Re: Putting Bookmarks in Multi-Sheet .pdf's

10-14-2011 11:15 AM in reply to: JackNC

>>>...using Acrobat...<<<
As you note, it's a feature of your external program that combined the individual files. No bookmarking in LT's driver to date.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Valued Contributor
mbcastle
Message 3 of 4 (486 Views)

10-08-2012 02:28 PM in reply to: pendean

I thought I'd bump this thread up since this would be a nice feature to have. It's not that hard to use Acrobat to create the bookmarks after the PDF is published, but would be nice to have them generated automatically.

Mark Castle
Civil 3D 2014, SP1
Win 8.1 64-Bit, 8 GB RAM
Core 2 Duo 6400, Quadro FX 580
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 4 (478 Views)

10-09-2012 05:34 AM in reply to: mbcastle

join AUGI.COM for free, look up their wishlist, petition to get yours noticed and voted on.

this is peer support, you are just preaching to the choir here.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.