Printing and Plotting

Active Contributor
jcheard
Message 1 of 3 (290 Views)

Publish to DWFx Plot Stamp Layer

290 Views, 2 Replies
08-29-2011 08:12 AM

Hello,

When I publish a drawing as a multipage DWFx (or PDF for that matter) with "Include Layer Information" selected, the Plot Stamp (Simple Date/Time and Text) comes out but on different layers on different layouts.

Example:

First Layout : Plotstamp resides on Layer 0

Second Layout: Plotstamp resides on Layer 3P

Third Layout: EQPT-VC

etc

Some general information:

Autodesk AutoCAD 2011 64bit

Autodesk DesignReview - 2012

Adobe Acrobat X Professional

Layer 0 Is thawed/plotable and on in all layouts, viewports all layers, viewports.  It has at least one entity per layout

Is there anyway to rectify this and still use the built-in Plot Stamp?

Thanks!

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 3 (289 Views)

Re: Publish to DWFx Plot Stamp Layer

08-29-2011 08:34 AM in reply to: jcheard

We gave up on PLOTSTAMP in favor of FIELDs a long time ago for total control of location, but... would be fair to say PLOTSTAMP is on the layer that was active when you set it up on each sheet?

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Active Contributor
jcheard
Message 3 of 3 (281 Views)

Re: Publish to DWFx Plot Stamp Layer

08-29-2011 09:21 AM in reply to: pendean

pendean wrote:

We gave up on PLOTSTAMP in favor of FIELDs a long time ago for total control of location, but... would be fair to say PLOTSTAMP is on the layer that was active when you set it up on each sheet?

Thanks for the response.  I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "when you set it up on each sheet"...

The plot stamp we're using is an option of the publish dialog box (or the PLOTSTAMP) command.   In this case, I set it one time for all layouts through the publish dialog box.  

The plot stamp may have been attached to the layer that was active for one or two layouts but there isn't any method-to-the-mayham that I notice.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.