Printing and Plotting

Printing and Plotting

*Expert Elite*
sbrusco
Message 1 of 5 (870 Views)
Accepted Solution

Publish and "Automatically Load All Open Drawings" -- How?

870 Views, 4 Replies
09-20-2011 06:03 AM

Hi All,

I don't remember ever using this checkbox on the Publish dialog box but today i want to and i can't figure out how to make it work. The help file ~seems~ to say that if i select this, the contents of all open documents (layouts and/or model space) are automatically loaded.... but they don't.

I know i can pick the Add Sheets button and manually select all the drawings i have open but doesn't that defeat the purpose of this checkbox?

TIA

Sal

Change the system variable PUBLISHALLSHEETS to 0 before running the publish command & only the sheets in the current drawing will be listed.  If you want all sheets in all drawings to show up, change the variable to 1 before running publish.

Hope this helps.

Product Support
Albert_Rius
Message 2 of 5 (862 Views)

Re: Publish and "Automatically Load All Open Drawings" -- How?

09-27-2011 07:25 AM in reply to: sbrusco

Hi,

This options  means  that all layouts from all current open drawings will be added automatically in the  publish "Sheet Name"list when  you run the PUBLISH command.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Albert Rius
Frontline Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
*Expert Elite*
sbrusco
Message 3 of 5 (857 Views)

09-27-2011 07:47 AM in reply to: Albert_Rius

Hi Mr Rius,

As i stated in the OP, i understand what it is ~supposed~ to do, but how do i make it work? It might be more appropriate to have a button rather than a checkbox because with a button i could pick it to populate the list. The checkbox seems to only work for the ~next time~ i use publish.

The only way i can make it work is to check it on from an unchecked state, publish something, then the ~next time~ i publish, it will populate the list with layouts from all open drawings (contrary to the help file, it does not include model spaces when automatically populating the list.) So unless i leave it checked or unchecked all the time, it can't be used on one plot but not the next and then again on the next...

Am i missing something or is this a "leave it on" or "leave it off" all the time option?

Sal

Product Support
Albert_Rius
Message 4 of 5 (853 Views)

09-27-2011 08:07 AM in reply to: sbrusco

Hi Mr. Sal,

As you said this option will be executed at next time you run the publish command. That will be a good point to replace the checkbox for a button; you can report this wish at: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794 to be included for next releases.

On the other side, if in the list appears only layout elements and not model space ,means that probably you have setup in the Options dialog box, Plot and Publish tab - > Automatic publish settings button -> to include only layouts. You can change it to "Model and Layout" to include the model space automatically too.

Also if you add manually the sheets, in the open file dialog, you can choose also to include the model space or not.

I hope this helps

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Albert Rius
Frontline Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Active Contributor
Santos1503
Message 5 of 5 (771 Views)

08-30-2012 08:10 AM in reply to: sbrusco

Change the system variable PUBLISHALLSHEETS to 0 before running the publish command & only the sheets in the current drawing will be listed.  If you want all sheets in all drawings to show up, change the variable to 1 before running publish.

Hope this helps.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!