Printer settings for Sheet Set Manager on AutoCAD 2014/2011

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sbsb2014
1737 Views, 4 Replies

Printer settings for Sheet Set Manager on AutoCAD 2014/2011

Product # 1: AutoCAD 2014

Product # 2: AutoCAD 2011

Canon iR C2880/C3380 PCL5c (the printer we use regularly).

The computer Im using is a Windows 7 Professional.

This is about printer settings for Sheet Set Manager on AutoCAD 2014/2011. We print big drawings at my job and instead of printing each sheet we do a Sheet Set Publish. We are using a printer that is set up on the network, unfortunately every time the primary user sets up User # 1 or User # 2's computer to print on sheet set, it messes up the primary user's.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rkmcswain
in reply to: sbsb2014

I know this is not an answer to your question, but allow me to propose a new workflow idea.  Unless you are dead set against it, have you considered printing everything to PDF and then hardcopy printing the PDF?    I know it sounds a little backwards, but I like to review the PDF's before hardcopy printing them anyway, and we've never had issues like you mention here.

Getting back to the actual problem, what exactly do you mean by "the primary user sets up User # 1 or User # 2's computer to print on sheet set"?

Specifically the "sets up....to print on sheet set" part. There is really no additional set up needed to publish from SSM. You simply choose the files to publish, right-click and Publish to Printer. Are you using shared PC3 files or just the system printer driver on each machine?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 5
sbsb2014
in reply to: rkmcswain

Well I am new at this Company and unfortunatly this is how they want things done. They have alot of complex setting to do the printing this way if it were up to me I would do a regular print publish drop the pull down menu. I mean the drawings are for clients so they want the best quality printed. but I like your thinking.

Message 4 of 5
zalant

• When you say, " it messes up the primary user's," what exactly do you mean?
  • What steps do they execute, and what is the result?
  • Is it fixable each time it gets messed up?
  • If so, what do they do to get things working again?

Knowing these details should help us figure out what's going on there.  Also, knowing whether you're using a page setup override and if it's set to use a configured PC3 would help a bunch. The more detail, the better.

Zac Travis
Message 5 of 5
sbsb2014

I believe the preliminary user computers messes up by the settings that are on her computer for her to print a sheet set I believe its the path because she uses 2011 and 2014 on a regular basis and im only have 2014. so when she tried setting the sheet set on mine (becuase i had nothing setup when i started) I think it was the path our printer is set up on a network and unfortunatly people change the printer names individual to there computer. which makes things complicated. on top of that acad is more picky (in a good way) about printer setting

basically they have these complex settings to print a sheet set well only one person becuase she couldnt get it to work on any other computer first we go to sheet set and go to publish (and we already set up different plot names like for example one is plot to PDF which all those linewights and plot to transparency an all these setting are set the way we need them for specific clients) so we should be able to hit plot to ....(chose which one we need at that time) and it will print the whole drawing or plot or pdf the drawing but it doesnt execute it and if we do keep messing with setting to get it right on my computer she goes back to hers and it wont work for her anymore and she has to fix hers then n then i cant do it on mine.

I know its not very discriptive with exact setting but there are like 30 steps in setting up the PDF or Plot style and the acad options it gets crazy right now for my use only i am using publish from the drop down menu where i can add as many sheets as i want which is better then each sheet open print blah blah blah repeat 150 times also my pregnant boss is not into explaining every detail to me she doesnt want to get stressed out. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost