Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting in Paper space

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
verdant1
501 Views, 7 Replies

Plotting in Paper space

Normally I plot in paper space and everything works well.  During the past two days for no explainable reason, when I plot in paper space all the lines ae much, much lighter and almost invisible, whereas if I plot the same drawing in model space the plot comes out perfectly, though not in scale.  I must have pushed a wrong button somewhere but wnat button is beyond me.  Any suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
hwalker
in reply to: verdant1

Welcome to the Forums

Are you using the same plot style in both model space and paper space?

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 8
verdant1

Thanks for your response. 

To be honest, I didn't know what a plot style was until I read your post.  I'l researching that

topic now, but to answer the question I hadn't made any changes to plot settings before the plot in paper space changed to become so faint.  One day the plotter worked perfectly and then the next day I couldn't read the plot in paper space but plots in model space were fine.

Message 4 of 8
pendean

Message 5 of 8
verdant1
in reply to: pendean

Thank you.

Message 6 of 8
verdant1
in reply to: pendean

The micro blog explanation is good but my acad version has no tab at the bottom of the screen for LWT.  Or at least no

icon that makes sense because I can't read what each tab represents since if I hover the cursor over the tab all I see is a dialogue box with some squares in it, no text explaining the function of that tab.  Also, in my plot dialogue box the "plot object lineweights" box does not allow me to check it. 

However, it seems the monochrome-ctb plot style pen assignments box worked to at least bring the

plot into view in paper space.  I'll need to work on the lineweights in the layers which will probably

improve the quality of the plat quite a bit.

Thanks everyone who responded.  At least I can now plot to scale in paper space.  I must have inadvertently clicked on the wrong button sometime a few days ago.

Message 7 of 8
pendean

... And why must I ask what your version is? Do you not want help anymore? I'm curious about it.

Right-click on those lower-left icons, uncheck USE ICON and letters will replace the icons. Hope that helps.

When checkboxes are unavailable it usually means another checkbox needs to be on (or off): is there a reason you cannot tap the HELP button on the PLOT popup and read up in it? Again, I'm just curious about your process.

Message 8 of 8
verdant1

Thank you Dean.  This really helps.  I now have the words instead of the iconc available and I am able to plot in paper space now because I chenged to greyscale which helped and seems to have solve the problem.  The qustion in my mind is how it changed one day from greyscale.  Guess I'll never find out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost