Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting 24 x 18 instead of 18 x 24

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
crumce
1585 Views, 1 Reply

Plotting 24 x 18 instead of 18 x 24

Forgive my ignorance, I'm a self taught AutoCAD-er and rely on people much smarter than me for advice.

I need to set my plotter to print 24 x 18, instead of 18 x 24.  I'm wasting so much of my 24" paper and would like to be much more effecient.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Christian

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
kasperwuyts
in reply to: crumce

So your problem can be described as follows:

1) you have a 24" roll and an 18" roll in your plotter.
2) You want to adjust your plotter so that a 24x18 size sheet will use your 18" roll.

This is something you will have to adjust in your plotter settings themselves. If you are in the plot dialogue box (by typing the PLOT command or pressing ctrl+P) , select a plotter, click the 'Properties...' button. From there, under the 'device and documents tab' you will have to go to custom properties and click the 'custom properties...' button. Then you should get a menu that is completely dependant on your plotter, every printer driver has one. It is here that you should be able to customize whatever paper source you need for certain sheet sizes, but since it is completely dependant on the plotter itself, you should refer to the manual for your plotter to navigate and adapt the settings here.

Best regards
Kasper Wuyts

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost