Did you mean: 

plotstamp

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
dvidmar
313 Views, 2 Replies

plotstamp

i just upgraded from windows xp to windows 7 and autoCAD 2012 took several steps back. plotstamp no longer works. i tried settings for x= and y= from -1 to +1 from both paper boundary and print boundary and nothing appears. also my 5 button intellimouse became a 3 button mouse. i can't find any options for the 4th or 5th buttons. and polar array does not accept input for number of items.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
doni49
in reply to: dvidmar

1) For future knowledge, it's best to create separate threads when you have more than one unrelated issue to ask about.  Other than the fact that you've just upgraded and have noticed these issues following the upgrade, these questions are not related. 

• Having one thread for multiple issues makes it difficult to follow the thread. 
  • And the second question isn't even related to plotting which is what this forum is for.  By posting a question in the wrong forum, you're less likely to have someone who knows the correct answer to see it.

2) As to the "plotstamp", have a look at FIELDS.  You place one in your border block and it can include just about any info you want and format it in almost any way you like.

3) My guess is there's an issue with your mouse driver.  It sounds like the mouse driver needs to tell Acad that there are two more buttons available.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 3
pendean
in reply to: dvidmar

1. Use FIELD command to create a quality totally controllable "plotstamp" that you can place anywhere you want. Upgrade your workflow with your software upgrade.
3. AutoCAD has nothing to do with mouse buttons unless you upgraded from AutoCAD DOS. You need a mouse driver that allows you to assign functions to those extra buttons that work inside AutoCAD. How was your mouse driver set up in XP? You do the same in Win7.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost