Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot manager fail - ACA 2015

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
Spaup20
2567 Views, 24 Replies

Plot manager fail - ACA 2015

I'm trying to set up my plotter in ACA 2015, which is a HP Designjet 1050c on windows 8.1 pro. I click on add a plotter wizard and get to the edit plotter configuration screen just fine. When I click the custom properties button I get the following error, "Function address 0x810356 caused a protection fault (exception code 0xc0000005)."

"The application Property sheet pages may not function properly"

I have not had any problems setting up any of our other printers in our office other than this one. I have both x64 and x86 drivers installed.

Any help on fixing this problem ASAP would be appreciated.

24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
Spaup20
in reply to: rhmayo

As much as you are trying this problem has nothing to do with the template setup, it's a plotter setup fail.  Which I have been told they used a new compiler with windows 8.1 and ACA 2015 and they don't like each other.  So you can keep trying it your way but I don't think you're going to solve this problem.

Message 22 of 25
rhmayo
in reply to: Spaup20

Good morning!  I agree but what is wild is that I'm so close to being able to plot.  If I copy my work into model space of that template, and hit plot, it doesn't crash.  If I set up the stb pen settings stuff, other than the aggravation of having to copy into another file.  I keep hoping some kind of update to 8.1 will fix it...so far no luck

Message 23 of 25
alb01
in reply to: rhmayo

I am working on the lines that until Autodesk or HP sort out the driver, the easiest solution I have found is to save the drawing in 2015, open a read only copy in 2014 and plot ffrom there. saves a lot of messing about. With all that said, It would be nice if Autodesk got in gear and sorted it out. AND DON'T FORGET THE HORIZONTAL SCROLL BARS WHILE YOU'RE AT IT!! 🙂

Message 24 of 25
Spaup20
in reply to: alb01

It would be nice if Autodesk would fix this problem soon.  We're going on 3 months of not using ACA 2015 because of this problem.  I'm not even sure if they are still working on trying to fix this issue.  It'd be nice if they would give us some sort of update on the fix. Maybe they just think that there's not enough people out there with this issue so they are just waiting us out!

Message 25 of 25
Spaup20
in reply to: Spaup20

I guess they've given up on working out a solution on this problem.  There's probably not enough people with this problem for them to worry about solving it.  Well, Autodesk got their money for a 3 year subscription why should they worry about the customer.  It cost our company nearly $6,000 to upgrade all our computers to windows 8 and now I have to walk in my boss's office and tell him we have to buy and new plotter because the next 2 versions of ACA aren't compatible with our plotter? That will be fun!  The funny thing is that ACA 2014 works great with our 1050c plotter without any problems.

Tags (3)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost