Printing and Plotting

Printing and Plotting

Devilfish_PL
Message 1 of 3 (92 Views)

Plot buffering problem

92 Views, 2 Replies
03-22-2012 11:32 AM

I got some problems during printing layouts on my Win7 x64 and AC 2012.

The problem is, I got file, with 10-12 layouts, each diffrent drawing. Until today it was easy, PLOT - > setting all, and hiting PLOT button, it tooks 1 minute, maybe less and the Plot Progress was gone, and buffering drawing into plotter (HP 4500 DesingJet) was happening in tray icon. Thats allowed me to switch to other layout and repeat all actions until all was done. Which allowed me to start doing something else in AC.

Today however I stuck, coz the Plot Progress Bar didint dissaper until whole drwning was in ploter (until the drwning was gone from the printing tray icon). So I stop with 1 layout open and wasnt able to do anything until it was in plotter. It took some time - like 8-10 minutes, so when i got 10 draws it takes almost 2h of sitting and doing nothing. Tried background printing - was able to move to other layout, but AC allows only 1 printing at the time. So its still not this what I need :smileysad:

What more suprise, I check other PC in the same time with Win 7 - same situation, but I check also WinXP with 2011 and it works like normal - almost all buffering process in background tray icon.

I restart the PC, also didnt work. Any ideas - is it plotter, windows 7, hp drivers ?

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 3 (87 Views)

Re: Plot buffering problem

03-22-2012 01:01 PM in reply to: Devilfish_PL

Did you turn on background plotting/publishing in OPTIONS command's PLOT Tab? turn it off.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Devilfish_PL
Message 3 of 3 (83 Views)

Re: Plot buffering problem

03-22-2012 02:20 PM in reply to: pendean

No, I normally dont use that option at all.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.