Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot Area-Window Issue

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dmenhart
1724 Views, 3 Replies

Plot Area-Window Issue

Hello All, I am currently running AutoCAD 2014. I'm having an issue in the plot dialog box. When selecting Window from the Plot Area drop-down, there seems to be a window preset already. Problem is, the drawing I'm working with is an Interior Layout drawing that has an Architectural drawing referenced into it. When you select Window in the Plot Area drop-down, it kicks you over to model space to select the area, but since it is already pre-determined for me, the only thing that I can see on the drawing is my furniture, since everything outside the predetermined window is grayed out, so is my architectural reference (we gray out reference files to make it easier to distinguish between references and active drawing) and I can't see any of my walls so I dont know exactly where to make my window. My question is, is this something that is tied to a plot style or is it tied to a drawing? To me, it looks like it saved the last area that someone else had plotted. It wouldn't be so much of an issue if it were happening across the board, but we've only found a few drawings that are having this issue. Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: dmenhart

If someone else in your file used the Window option, AutoCAD will remember it: but that should never stop you from creating a new window selection to plot. and I've never seen AutoCAD jump from one layout to another on it's own.

Are you actually in paperspace outside of a viewport? Or inside a viewport with VPMax?
Message 3 of 4
dmenhart

My team generally plots from model space only because we dont need full scale drawings. We plot only sections of our buildings to go out and complete site surveys. The issue that we're having is that when the area is already greyed out, and we go in to place a new window, we can't see any of our architectural features because we grey out the references when we first attach them to the drawings. I personally dont think this is that big of an issue,

but my management wants to know of a solution to the issue so people arent having to do extra steps to complete they're plots. I just wanted to know if there is a way to reset that plot area window.

[Description: Description: esslogo.jpg]
David Menhart | Application Engineer II
Office 443.654.8458 | HQ 410.694.0240 | Toll Free 866.239.7778 | Fax 410.694.0245
Email david.menhart@exceptionalsoftware.com
Web www.exceptionalsoftware.com
Message 4 of 4
pendean

So you are not talking about plotting at all, but how to turn off XREF fading? OPTIONS command's DISPLAY Tab, lower-right corner of the pop-up, section titled FADE CONTROL.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost