Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot & Plot Setup Causes AutoCAD to Crash/Freeze

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
3935 Views, 2 Replies

Plot & Plot Setup Causes AutoCAD to Crash/Freeze

I'm running AutoCAD 2013 on a Windows 7 machine. Anytime I try to plot or alter plot settings AutoCAD crashes.  Can't plot to any physical or virtual plotters. The only output function that works is Export (to pdf, dwf, etc.); typically create pdfs and then plot from Adobe.  I've managed setup by starting with existing drawings that have the page settings that I want instead of creating sheets from scratch, but that doesn't work well under all circumstances.  The machine is virtually new (got it in May 2013) and has ample processing power and memory (dual 2.4GHz Intel Xenon processors and 8GB RAM). Tried downloading AutoCAD Service Packs 1 & 2 but that didn't help. I can't see any reason why a basic function wouldn't work properly.  Does anyone have any idea what I can do to fix this? 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Start a new file, start PAGESETUP command, and create a plot setup aiming at a system driver all other programs use successfully on your PC (note I said system driver, that means no selection of PC3 files). Does it crash if you then PLOT?

What are your plotting to? Using what driver? are the drivers installed locally, or on a server?
Message 3 of 3
bryce.thelin
in reply to: Anonymous

Adding to what Dean suggested, try resetting AutoCAD to defaults by clicking Start > All Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD 2013 > Reset Settings To Default.

Usually if there is an issue with one printer driver, then it is the fault of the driver and not AutoCAD. If AutoCAD crashes with every single printer and PC3, then something is wrong with AutoCAD itself. You do need to test in a brand new drawing though to make sure the issue isn't coming from your existing files.

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost