Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No plot file name suggested

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
johnsnow
347 Views, 5 Replies

No plot file name suggested

When I try to print to a file using the plot dialog box I am not getting a plot file name suggestion, for any of my page setups.  If I use the "-plot" command I do get a file name suggestion.

I just installed Acad 2015 on a new computer with what I thought was the same settings as the older one.  I also installed the printer using the same driver as the older computer, and am using the same page setups as before.

I ran into this problem many years ago, but can't remember the fix then.

Thanks for your help.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: johnsnow

Which driver are you trying to use to generate the plot file?
Message 3 of 6
johnsnow
in reply to: pendean

Ricoh MP C2050 PCL6, driver version 1.7.0.0.  The version on my older computer is 1.5.0.0.  Could this be a problem?  Did Ricoh mess up something?

Message 4 of 6
pendean

I don't have either of those drivers or any Ricoh, but testing with several the HP PCL and Kyocera PCL drivers I have access to and selecting the PLOT TO FILE option on the PLOT pop-up I did get the name of the file pre-filled in AutoCAD 2015 SP1.

What is FULLPLOTPATH variable set to in your AutoCAD session? It's 1 here but in the old days setting it to 0 fixed similar problems as you describe.

Message 5 of 6
johnsnow
in reply to: pendean

FULLPLOTPATH = 1 or 0, no change.  I already have my page setup as plot to file, as I did on my old computer.  But file names are not offered by the PLOT command.

I am going to try to install the older driver to see if that helps.

john snow

Message 6 of 6
johnsnow

It doesn't.  The plot file name is still blank.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost