Did you mean: 

Network .pc3 file no longer working for 1 computer

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
nrz13
2642 Views, 1 Reply

Network .pc3 file no longer working for 1 computer

My co-worker recently downloaded a virus to his computer and the virus wouldn't even let Windows boot up and blocked the boot menu, etc.  My only option was to format the drive and reinstall Windows 7 64-bit on his computer.  To save time, I restored it from a disk image and all was going smoothly until I got to AutoCAD.  The image had AutoCAD 2012 and I wanted to upgrade back to 2014, so I did that and seemingly got everything working.

However, since that disk image had been made, we have replaced our file/print server computer (old one was 32-bit XP, new one is 64-bit Windows 7).  When we replaced the server, I redid the .pc3 files on the network so they would work with the 64-bit server and all was well on all of our office computers.

Coming back to the re-imaged computer, I didn't want it pointing to the old server plotter, so I deleted the plotter (HP T610) and re-added it.  Both the old server and the new one have the same name; the plotter was named the same too.  Windows 7 found it automatically and installed the driver for it, but when I went in to AutoCAD, it wasn't able to use the newer .pc3 files on the network (even though it was using these files before just fine).  So I deleted the plotter once more and re-added it.  I went through this process a couple of times and tried a manual install of the driver as well, but nothing worked.  Now the plotter doesn't even show up on the network, Windows 7 doesn't find it automatically when adding a new printer, although I can still add it manually by typing in the network path to it.  No matter what I do, though, the .pc3 files on the network won't work with AutoCAD 2014 anymore.

I've searched the forums and Google and tried to come at this a number of different ways, but I'm stumped.  My last resort would be to delete the HP T610 from the server and all of the computers in our office, re-add it to all the computers, make all-new .pc3 files and test them on all the computers, re-do all of our templates with the new .pc3 files, and update the page setup in all the drawings for all of our current projects.  I'd really like to avoid doing that, if possible, especially since I don't know if doing all that will even work.

The ideal solution for me would be to get the re-imaged computer re-working with the .pc3 files it was using before.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help with this!  It's been a very frustrating day!

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
nrz13
in reply to: nrz13

I was never able to figure this out, and the Autodesk support team was also stumped.  I ended up wiping and reinstalling the OS.  Then I deleted the HP T610 from the server and all of the computers in our office, re-added it to all the computers and made all-new .pc3 files.  This of course entailed redoing our printer setups in our templates as well.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost