Printing and Plotting

Reply
*MKH
Message 1 of 10 (81 Views)

nesting plots w/ HP 1050c

81 Views, 9 Replies
03-06-2001 06:47 AM
Is anybody using the nesting feature with the HP 1050C and ACAD 2000i? I am
trying to get 2 11x17 dwgs onto a 24X36" sheet (roll fed) I know it will
fit, but its not nesting. Has anyone seen this problem and solved it?

--
Mike
*Westerlund, Kurt
Message 2 of 10 (81 Views)

Re: nesting plots w/ HP 1050c

03-06-2001 07:19 AM in reply to: *MKH
On the face of the plotter, select the printer icon (bottom icon) with the
direction arrows. Press the enter button. The first optiop is for queing
and nesting.

HTH
Kurt

"MKH" wrote in message
news:7423502081BAD0811D8EDA6B24115321@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Is anybody using the nesting feature with the HP 1050C and ACAD 2000i? I
am
> trying to get 2 11x17 dwgs onto a 24X36" sheet (roll fed) I know it will
> fit, but its not nesting. Has anyone seen this problem and solved it?
>
> --
> Mike
>
*MKHenson
Message 3 of 10 (81 Views)

Re:

03-06-2001 07:19 AM in reply to: *MKH
yeah I got that....Thats whats throwing me. I've tried using "in order" and
"optimal nesting" and neither one works. Are you using nesting?
Mike

"Kurt Westerlund" wrote in message
news:21B7866A3727FC79ACDE6DB66FC033EF@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> On the face of the plotter, select the printer icon (bottom icon) with the
> direction arrows. Press the enter button. The first optiop is for queing
> and nesting.
>
> HTH
> Kurt
>
> "MKH" wrote in message
> news:7423502081BAD0811D8EDA6B24115321@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > Is anybody using the nesting feature with the HP 1050C and ACAD 2000i? I
> am
> > trying to get 2 11x17 dwgs onto a 24X36" sheet (roll fed) I know it will
> > fit, but its not nesting. Has anyone seen this problem and solved it?
> >
> > --
> > Mike
> >
>
*Elrod, Kent
Message 4 of 10 (81 Views)

Re: nesting plots w/ HP 1050c

03-06-2001 08:09 AM in reply to: *MKH
I use it from time to time, here are a few things to consider.
1) With your particular setup, you must select 11x17 portrait.

2) If you are trying to get the same plot twice, you must send twice,
for some reason it is not enough to pick 2 copies in the plot dialog.
You
must send the plot, then send the plot again.

--
Let us know if that solved it.

Kent Elrod
Facilities Design
Sumitomo Sitix Silicon, Inc
Albuquerque, New Mexico
kelrod@stopspam.ssaq.sitix.com
************************************************************************

"MKH" wrote in message
news:7423502081BAD0811D8EDA6B24115321@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Is anybody using the nesting feature with the HP 1050C and ACAD 2000i? I
am
> trying to get 2 11x17 dwgs onto a 24X36" sheet (roll fed) I know it will
> fit, but its not nesting. Has anyone seen this problem and solved it?
>
> --
> Mike
>
*MKHenson
Message 5 of 10 (81 Views)

Re:

03-06-2001 10:08 AM in reply to: *MKH
I'll try it but why portrait? The 24x36 sheet is landscape and the 11x17 is
landscape.
Mike

"Kent Elrod" wrote in message
news:F4D6BF4B9B5B848697563317A459D809@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I use it from time to time, here are a few things to consider.
> 1) With your particular setup, you must select 11x17 portrait.
>
> 2) If you are trying to get the same plot twice, you must send twice,
> for some reason it is not enough to pick 2 copies in the plot dialog.
> You
> must send the plot, then send the plot again.
>
> --
> Let us know if that solved it.
>
> Kent Elrod
> Facilities Design
> Sumitomo Sitix Silicon, Inc
> Albuquerque, New Mexico
> kelrod@stopspam.ssaq.sitix.com
> ************************************************************************
>
> "MKH" wrote in message
> news:7423502081BAD0811D8EDA6B24115321@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > Is anybody using the nesting feature with the HP 1050C and ACAD 2000i? I
> am
> > trying to get 2 11x17 dwgs onto a 24X36" sheet (roll fed) I know it will
> > fit, but its not nesting. Has anyone seen this problem and solved it?
> >
> > --
> > Mike
> >
>
*Elrod, Kent
Message 6 of 10 (81 Views)

Re:

03-07-2001 12:11 AM in reply to: *MKH
I assumed you were using 24" wide paper based my interpretation of
information in your first post. (24 x 36 -VS - 36 x 24) You shouldn't have
to use the portrait setting.

Nesting works fine on my setup. But, if it is a plot of the same drawing,
you have to send it twice and not pick 2 copies in the dialog.

--

Kent Elrod
Facilities Design
Sumitomo Sitix Silicon, Inc
Albuquerque, New Mexico
kelrod@stopspam.ssaq.sitix.com
************************************************************************

>"MKHenson"
> I'll try it but why portrait? The 24x36 sheet is landscape and the 11x17
is
> landscape.
> Mike
>
*MKH
Message 7 of 10 (81 Views)

Re:

03-07-2001 12:18 AM in reply to: *MKH
tell me this....
are you plotting limits, display or window?
Mike

Kent Elrod wrote in message
news:F0EEE00CE3E301129A11E261C4AD4350@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I assumed you were using 24" wide paper based my interpretation of
> information in your first post. (24 x 36 -VS - 36 x 24) You shouldn't
have
> to use the portrait setting.
>
> Nesting works fine on my setup. But, if it is a plot of the same drawing,
> you have to send it twice and not pick 2 copies in the dialog.
>
> --
>
> Kent Elrod
> Facilities Design
> Sumitomo Sitix Silicon, Inc
> Albuquerque, New Mexico
> kelrod@stopspam.ssaq.sitix.com
> ************************************************************************
>
> >"MKHenson"
> > I'll try it but why portrait? The 24x36 sheet is landscape and the
11x17
> is
> > landscape.
> > Mike
> >
>
*MKH
Message 8 of 10 (81 Views)

Re:

03-07-2001 12:20 AM in reply to: *MKH
Kent...
Its a 36" roll. Is that 36x24 or 24x36? Sorry for such a dumb question.

Mike

Kent Elrod wrote in message
news:F0EEE00CE3E301129A11E261C4AD4350@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I assumed you were using 24" wide paper based my interpretation of
> information in your first post. (24 x 36 -VS - 36 x 24) You shouldn't
have
> to use the portrait setting.
>
> Nesting works fine on my setup. But, if it is a plot of the same drawing,
> you have to send it twice and not pick 2 copies in the dialog.
>
> --
>
> Kent Elrod
> Facilities Design
> Sumitomo Sitix Silicon, Inc
> Albuquerque, New Mexico
> kelrod@stopspam.ssaq.sitix.com
> ************************************************************************
>
> >"MKHenson"
> > I'll try it but why portrait? The 24x36 sheet is landscape and the
11x17
> is
> > landscape.
> > Mike
> >
>
*Elrod, Kent
Message 9 of 10 (81 Views)

Re:

03-07-2001 01:03 AM in reply to: *MKH
I always use window or extents.

--

Kent Elrod
Facilities Design
Sumitomo Sitix Silicon, Inc
Albuquerque, New Mexico
kelrod@stopspam.ssaq.sitix.com
************************************************************************

"MKH" wrote in message
news:B0F55185804288C55ADC944B9DEA7F4E@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> tell me this....
> are you plotting limits, display or window?
> Mike
>
> Kent Elrod wrote in message
> news:F0EEE00CE3E301129A11E261C4AD4350@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > I assumed you were using 24" wide paper based my interpretation of
> > information in your first post. (24 x 36 -VS - 36 x 24) You shouldn't
> have
> > to use the portrait setting.
> >
> > Nesting works fine on my setup. But, if it is a plot of the same
drawing,
> > you have to send it twice and not pick 2 copies in the dialog.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Kent Elrod
> > Facilities Design
> > Sumitomo Sitix Silicon, Inc
> > Albuquerque, New Mexico
> > kelrod@stopspam.ssaq.sitix.com
> > ************************************************************************
> >
> > >"MKHenson"
> > > I'll try it but why portrait? The 24x36 sheet is landscape and the
> 11x17
> > is
> > > landscape.
> > > Mike
> > >
> >
>
*Elrod, Kent
Message 10 of 10 (81 Views)

Re:

03-07-2001 01:06 AM in reply to: *MKH
Its not a dumb question. The question of how to reference paper sizes
always comes up.
I would say that using 24 x 36 is proper and consistent with autocad listed
sizes. The confusion comes from the fact that the first dimension is always
the X dimension, except in the case of sheet size. So I guess to be
explicit, 24 x 36 landscape would be the most clear way to express that.
Others, no doubt, will have their own interpretation.

--

Kent Elrod
Facilities Design
Sumitomo Sitix Silicon, Inc
Albuquerque, New Mexico
kelrod@stopspam.ssaq.sitix.com
************************************************************************

"MKH" wrote in message
news:E3FF36D03F1C4F16B76C2A54765D9F90@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Kent...
> Its a 36" roll. Is that 36x24 or 24x36? Sorry for such a dumb question.
>
> Mike
>
> Kent Elrod wrote in message
> news:F0EEE00CE3E301129A11E261C4AD4350@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > I assumed you were using 24" wide paper based my interpretation of
> > information in your first post. (24 x 36 -VS - 36 x 24) You shouldn't
> have
> > to use the portrait setting.
> >
> > Nesting works fine on my setup. But, if it is a plot of the same
drawing,
> > you have to send it twice and not pick 2 copies in the dialog.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Kent Elrod
> > Facilities Design
> > Sumitomo Sitix Silicon, Inc
> > Albuquerque, New Mexico
> > kelrod@stopspam.ssaq.sitix.com
> > ************************************************************************
> >
> > >"MKHenson"
> > > I'll try it but why portrait? The 24x36 sheet is landscape and the
> 11x17
> > is
> > > landscape.
> > > Mike
> > >
> >
>
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.