Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MrSID file is attached. Zoom in Plot Preview & LOOKS like MrSID file moves.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
doni49
214 Views, 3 Replies

MrSID file is attached. Zoom in Plot Preview & LOOKS like MrSID file moves.

I've noticed a really strange issue when using print preview in C3D.  My dwg file has a MrSID file attached.  I like to use print preview to see what my plot will look like.  I zoom and pan around to be able to see it better.

When I zoom in or out, it looks like the SID file moves.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Above.png

Below.png

Near.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: doni49

Ask in the C3D forum too.
Message 3 of 4
doni49
in reply to: pendean

I just got a reply in the C3D thread.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/MrSID-file-is-attached-Zoom-in-Plot-Preview-a...

engrtech wrote:

This is a confirmed bug that has not been fixed since 2012. Just last Friday I sent in another SR about this for 2015 and received confirmation that this is still a bug. It's listed internally as DE9162 and is classified as a "Major Problem". Autodesk's solution is to change the image format to something else, such as TIFF. Except they forget that the purpose of a Mr. Sid image is that it can handle very large images. Our Mr. Sid is 2.5GB. It's impossible to convert it to a TIFF. Even if you do convert it, you run into the bug where a GeoTIFF's UNIT value is ignored and the only way to insert it is to turn off the coordinate system, insert the image, then turn coordinates back on.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 4
rkmcswain
in reply to: doni49

Interesting, I remember this being an issue as far back as Land Desktop 2008 or 2009 maybe?
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost