Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft word document using interactive AutoCAD drawing?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
wim.chalmet
318 Views, 1 Reply

Microsoft word document using interactive AutoCAD drawing?

Hi,

My first post here. And not much of an AutoCAD user. Please forgive my mistakes...

I am trying to figure out if the following is possible. We have a number of AutoCAD drawings (dwg format) showing the outline of our buildings. I would like to create a Microsoft Word document (a request for service form) where the user can enter information such as what the nature of his/her request is. In the form, I would like the user to be able to zoom in/out and pan on an AutoCAD drawing (without ever leaving word), so the user can zoom in on where the service is needed. Once the user has zoomed and panned, he can then print out the request and email it to the corresponding department.

What I am hoping to get some help with is the "AutoCAD in word" functionality. All the rest (printing, email) is straightforward. So, can I have an interactive window in a Word document where the user can zoom in/out and pan based on an AutoCAD drawing (dwg)?

Thank you for any insight or recommendations.

Wim

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jggerth
in reply to: wim.chalmet

The solution to that question is probably going to be OLE.  The problem is that anyone trying to use the document is going to have to have AutoCAD installed to run it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost