Did you mean:Ā 

Lines Appearing In Paste Special Excel Tables PDF Plots

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Dirtyfortune368
5252 Views, 9 Replies

Lines Appearing In Paste Special Excel Tables PDF Plots

I apologize ahead of time if this problem has already been solved. Any links to solutions, or material already posted on this forum is appreciated.

I'm having a problem with "phantom" lines appearing in PDF plots.

The Situation:

The firm I work for often uses Excel tables in Autocad LT 2013.

I have learned through experience its better to use a linked table, but in this situation only paste special is an option due to time constraints.

Basically when we try to plot a DWG with tables specially pasted in the drawing space phantom lines appear.

But only when we try to convert to PDF. In the plot preview everything is fine, but when the PDF is created vertical lines appear in the tables on the actual PDF.

I've tried many different options to fix this but so far the only thing that has worked is, converting the DWG to a DWF and opening in Design Review. From there I plot to PDF and everything is fine, no lines appear.

In the DWG I have tried tweaking the Plot Quality for the "pasted" tables to no avail.

If anyone has a solution for this I would greatly appreciate it.

Attached is a PDF of the DWG with the issue.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: Dirtyfortune368

Try plotting to the built-in DWG TO PDF.PC3 file driver and not Adobe Acrobat (according to your PDF it's the old version 9) and see if your problem goes away.
Message 3 of 10
Dirtyfortune368
in reply to: pendean

Thats the driver I've been using. I tried using both Adobe drivers in the drop down list and neither work.

I'm wondering if this is an AutoCAD issue, possible a corrupted plot driver.

Message 4 of 10
pendean

post your Excel document if you can plus a sample DWG file with your pasted table in it that exhibits this same problem (and which PASTESPEC option did you select?): we paste Excel tables in all day long with no such issues.
Message 5 of 10
pendean

BTW, a PDF doesn't lie and shows the program it was created from and more. Screenshots attached, you'll recognize yours then you will see mine from 2013.

Message 6 of 10
Dirtyfortune368

The attached DWG is one of the files we were having the issue with.

I just removed the titleblock for privacy otherwise this drawing is complete.

As far as the PASTESPECIAL process:

Once the window opens I select paste link, then Micosoft Office Excel Worksheet.

Message 7 of 10
Dirtyfortune368

Attached is the Excel Worksheet in question.

Message 8 of 10
Dirtyfortune368

I apologize, I was reading your earlier post wrong.

I was using the Adobe PC3 driver, not the one you recommended.

The one you recommended has seemed to fix the issue.

I just tried plotting the suspect file with no issues.

I can't Thank You enough.

Message 9 of 10
pendean

You are welcome: and thanks for sharing your fix/solution.
Message 10 of 10
sfarrukh

I am a student at ITT Tech and having the same issue with one of my print when i am creating a PDF for my drawing a phanton line is appearing on the spread sheet. This answer have helped othe user solve the problem but i was not able to follow. can you please tell  me in steps to print in built in dwg thing

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

ā€Boost