Did you mean: 

HP Designjet T520 paper sizes not shown in Autocad LT 2015

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
Darylt
7482 Views, 23 Replies

HP Designjet T520 paper sizes not shown in Autocad LT 2015

Just installed lt 2015 and thought everything was going well until I tried to print. For some unknown reason the print dialogue window does not show any paper sizes for my designjet t520 printer. Other printers attached to computer are fine. T520 is working fine on lt 2014. Any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Daryl
23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
Darylt
in reply to: Darylt

Have now added an image of issue - see attached file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Have to revert to LT 2014 for printing at the moment.

Message 3 of 24
pendean

It's a dead PC3 file.
Show us a screenshot of the Windows System Driver and that pulldown.
Message 4 of 24
dj21uk
in reply to: pendean

Sorry to re-open an old thread but I have the same problem, just wondering if a soloution was found?

Message 5 of 24
pendean

Are you using a PC3 file too?
Message 6 of 24
Darylt

Unfortunately I have to date been unable to resolve this issue. Microcad (subscription provider) has kindly agreed to access my machine remotely to try and resolve this issue. I am hoping to link up with them before the end of this week - If their intervention is successful I will post back on this thread with solution.

Daryl

Message 7 of 24
dj21uk

Thanks for the response chaps, I have raised the issue with Autodesk and the posted the response below...

"Thank you for choosing Autodesk Support. This is a known issue for Plotter with the Windows 8.1 as HP had changed their diver to different structure. Your case has been documented and sent to our development team for investigation. The development team will try to reproduce your case and make an initial assessment. We will notify you immediately by email whenever your case is updated. We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve your inquiry. Please note: Not all issues identified in cases are considered significant enough to address in their entirety; a proposed correction may create significant stability risks; some issues may be impossible to fix due to product architectural restraints. Whenever possible, we will work with you to establish an acceptable workaround."

The plotter worked fine with 2014 so I have asked to downgrade as I consider 2015 not fit for purpose. I will keep you poseted!

Message 8 of 24
Darylt
in reply to: dj21uk

I have also had the same response from Autodesk.... what a waste of subscription fee for this year's version!

Will try the Microcad remote access option but doubt very much that this will now be resolved.

Daryl

Message 9 of 24
Darylt

Update: I have had some  support from HP on this issue over the last 2-3 weeks. HP have managed to replicate the issue on their computers and have been able to resolve the issue by removing the HP driver after installation of AutoCAD, Restarting the computer (apparently this is the important bit!) and reinstalling printer driver.

However, a HP technician has accessed my computer via remote access and failed to resolve the problem by applying above solution. It seems that the HP driver is not being totally removed from computer and he will need to delete some associated files from registry. HP has agreed to come back to me next week once they establish which files need to be deleted.

Anyone on the forum knows how to totally wipe a printer driver from computer system?

Daryl

Message 10 of 24
dj21uk

Hi,

I have tried the below with no change…

Uninstall all HP software

1) Click the Start Menu:
Open a command prompt or select Run (Vista and Win7 user, run the command prompt as administrator

Type: net stop spooler
Type: net start spooler

Type: exit

2) Open Windows Explorer and navigate to:

%systemroot%\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86

NOTE: %systemroot% is usually C:\Windows, but it might be "winnt" or something else; this is set when the OS is installed. Most systems are like this C:\Windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86

3) Inside the w32x86 folder there will be other folders and files. Delete everything inside but DO NOT delete the w32x86 folder.
4) Restert the computer

I then re-installed the driver but had the same issue.
Message 11 of 24
Darylt
in reply to: dj21uk

Did your procedure totally remove the printer driver from Computer? if so,  I am slighlty confused on how HP were able to replicate and correct this issue my reinstalling driver after restart.

Will just have to wait until they come back to me.

Is there anyway (after deleting printer driver) of stopping windows automatically reloading a printer driver after restart?

Thanks,

Daryl

Message 12 of 24
pendean

You probably also need a better registry cleaner: REGSEEKER2 is freeware that will remove all entries you specify in your WIndows Registry.

Remember to back it up first so you can restore later: and after the edits from RG2 use a generic cleaner to tidy it all up (I like CCLEANER for the task).
Message 13 of 24
ampster401

One thing I can suggest if it hasn't been tried already (but if this is a printer connected thru your network my suggestion may not work)

When you are at the step of uninstalling the printer driver and just before you reboot, try disconnecting the printer from the pc and then reboot.  I am speculating that after the reboot there may be a chance of a connection happening to the printer automatically when the pc restarts, it might be seeing that printer and thus fails to completely remove everything related to that printer.

Dean's suggestion is a good one as well since he's focusing on the idea that something has been left behind in the registry.  I'm just throwing out a possible way around that to hopefully take care of that problem by disconnecting or making sure that printer isn't visible by the pc when you reboot it.

Message 14 of 24
barplan

I've had a suggested fix given by AutoDesk. If you remove the plotter, and reinstall using the HP T520 Class driver (just get it from Windows drivers, not from the installation disk), then you can plot, but lose all the page layout options - for example, you don't get the autorotate option.

Message 15 of 24
Darylt
in reply to: barplan

Thanks barplan for suggestion but for some unkown reason this driver will only allow printing in black and white?

HP have had remote access to my computer on several times over the last few weeks but still not cure for the issue. They have agreed to work closely with Autodesk to try an come up with a solution (May take several months!). Something has happened within  Autocad 2015 as this issue is not present in any other version of cad (2014 etc) and works fine when printing to PDF (Frustrating!). Anyone with this printer should think carefully before upgrading to LT2015.

Daryl

Message 16 of 24
nazeerchadtech
in reply to: barplan

just post the link where i get windows class driver please

Message 17 of 24

anybody having answer still strugling on this issue.no reply from autodesk

Message 18 of 24
Darylt
in reply to: nazeerchadtech

Update June 14: HP have released a new driver for the T520. Although the drop down menu on new driver does show paper sizes, this new version still doesn’t work for me. Error messages after pressing print button  and message on printer regarding wrong width of paper (roll). I am resigned now that this will not be resolved and will keep my LT 2014 for printing purposes. Unbelievable in the 21st century.......

Daryl

Message 19 of 24
ampster401

Try going into the plotter properties and check what the paper source is set to, it's probably set to automatic.  Try changing that to "roll".

Message 20 of 24
barplan

I downloaded the new driver from HP (dated 10th June 2014 for Windows 8.1 64 bit). I installed it, and it screwed my plotting for all versions of AutoCAD, so I spent some time uninstalling and reinstalling the one that worked GRRRR

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost