Printing and Plotting

Printing and Plotting

nordlans
Message 1 of 1 (88 Views)

Error when trying to print to PDF on brand new Mac Book...

88 Views, 0 Replies
08-02-2011 02:09 AM

Sweden

Hej 

I have been using autocad 2011 on a 4 year old Mac Book Pro for some time, with things working OK after having installed the 2 upgrading sets available. 

Now I have switched to a brand new mac book pro (Snow Leopard) and I get the program starting and working but I have problems plotting/printing to PDF and on physical printers. 

- I use a HP 1217 all-in-one printer, which prints well from other programs. No driver needed to be installed since OSX seem to recognize the printer by itself.

- In the System Settings, my first hand choice of  printers is the HP printer. A PDF 8.0 printer is also visible in the list of available printers (see the attached file PRINTERS)

- When I try to print either directly from the model space or from a layout paper space, I get error messages saying:

"There was an error saving the file /Users/sannanordlander/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/roaming/AutoCAD 2011/R18.1/enu/plotters//HP_psc_1200_series(temp).PCM"

or

"There was an error saving the file /Users/sannanordlander/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/roaming/AutoCAD 2011/R18.1/enu/plotters//Adobe_PDF_8_0(temp).PCM"

Depending on wether I try to plot on the HP printer or to a PDF file. Same goes for when I try to save as pdf (Adobe PDf / PDF)...

- After the error message is shown, the program is blocked and I have to force quit it...

This is all very annoying and I would be very happy for any ideas of how to solve the problem. 

(I transfered all my programs and settings from my old mac using a fire wire cable and the transfer manager program. I had to create a new user on the new computer, maybe some settings have gone strange during that process?)

Best regards

Sanna Nordlander

Gothenburg

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.