Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dwg to PDF -> once plotted it is off center

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
chadcross
1626 Views, 3 Replies

Dwg to PDF -> once plotted it is off center

I created PDFs using autodesk's DWG to PDF plotter. I then combine the PDFs in acrobat XI, and they all appear fine. Perfectly centered. Once I send them to our wide format plotter, the first page prints correctly, but all the remaining pages are off center.

If I choose to print "current page" vs "all", and do this for each page of the pdf, they all come out fine. It's only when I choose to print them all at once that they become off-centered.

I'll post the same issue up on the acrobat forum, but I believe this may be related to the DWG to PDF plotter within autocad, because this issue doesn't occur with the adobe pdf plotter within autocad.

We are using autocad 2014

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: chadcross

".. I then combine the PDFs in acrobat XI..."
Well you can't add a third party tool to the mix and still only try to address the problem at the source. Acrobat works with Acrobat, since you have that option proceed with that combo.

We don't use Acrobat to combine PDFs, we don't seem to have this problem at all with the DWG to DPF driver. Try a different tool if you must and see if the problem goes away with the built-in driver.
Message 3 of 4
sthughes
in reply to: chadcross

I'm having the exact same issue, except I am simply publishing from Autocad LT 2014 (or 2010) to create a multi-page PDF.  It doesn't matter if I open it in Adobe or another program, it looks perfect but when I print the second and subsequent pages they are way off centre and chopped off.  Did you find a solution?

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: sthughes

Print from Adobe Acrobat, second and and remaining apges print off center, but on screen all the pages look perfect?

Again, that's something outside of AutoCAD: unless I misunderstood the problem from your description.

Anyone care to share a PDF with the problem?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost