Did you mean: 

Border / Title Block Centering on Layout

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
9064 Views, 2 Replies

Border / Title Block Centering on Layout

I was wondering what would be considered the best practice for creating a sheet border (title block) on a paperspace layout.  I plan to print using "layout" in the page setup dialog box.  Once I set the printer and paper size for the page setup, I create a viewport using the "fit" option.  This centers a viewport on the page which I use to center my sheet border.  The reason I do this is because the origin of paperspace is at the lower left corner of the printable area of the sheet and not at the corner of the sheet and that makes it difficult to align the sheet border.  I don't want to have to look up the exact printer margins and do unnecessary calcuations to find a starting point for the rectangle I want to draw.

I'm interested to know how others go about this process.  I appreciate anyones thoughts on this topic.

Michael Koenig

CAD Instructor     

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

0,0 location in Paperspace is the corner of the paper for all intents and purposes: no printer drops ink at that location.
So your titleblock can't start there, and neither can your viewport.
You have to know what your printer margins are, either through testing or reading the user'a up of that device.

Once you set up this layout, it becomes a template you will always use so you never ever have to recreate it from scratch again.

AutoCAD requires pre-planning to use in an automated/quick fashion. No easy way around it.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thank you, Dean.  I always find your comments helpful.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost