Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black box appearing on xref image when plotting

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
t.heiredal
6081 Views, 9 Replies

Black box appearing on xref image when plotting

When I try to plot the file from the layout the middle and right part of my xref'ed image comes out as a black box - the top, bottom and left edge are fine. As are the line-drawings from two other xref on top of the image. The problem accourse both when I try to a physical copy on our plotter and when I try to plot to a pdf.

I'm working in autoCAD 2013 for mac and the files I'm working on are located on a server.

/troels

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
hwalker
in reply to: t.heiredal

Welcome to the Forums

It would be helpful if you can post an image of the problem, maybe even the PDF itself. Then we can have a look and make suggestions as to what the problem could be.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 10
greg_battin

I'm not familiar with AutoCAD for mac but we run into this issue - I think that the way we fix it is selecting the object(s) that are giving the issue and then in the properties palette, you change the "Plot Quality" to monochrome. Or you may need to increase the plot quality. I'm sorry i don't remember off the top of my head but I can check tomorrow
Message 4 of 10
greg_battin

OK - so I did check and selecting the image or OLE object and changing the "Print Quality" to low resolution or monochrome in the properties palette is what we have as a solution.

There is one other issue that create block boxes as well. Say that you have a good PDF produced from AutoCAD - you go to plot it and now the black boxes appear.... When you are in adobe and you go to print, int the Print dialog go to "Advanced" and check the box "Print as image." We have found that it doesn't affect the quality of the image but allows those black boxes to now print correctly.

~Greg

Message 5 of 10
t.heiredal
in reply to: hwalker

hi

here is the pdf that autoCAD produces, I simply use the save as pdf at the bottom left cornor of the plot dialog box. The arialview jpg are quite large, but I don't think this should be a problem.

Message 6 of 10
kristi

Wondering if you ever resolved this issue?

I'm having the same problem. The logo on my titlebar is now printing as black (.jpg xref image). It used to print normal, no problem. But recently, in ALL my files, it prints as black now.  UGH. Can't figure this out.   Using ACad 2013 on a MAC. 

Message 7 of 10
pendean
in reply to: kristi

What is your MacOS? Change it recently?
Message 8 of 10
kristi
in reply to: pendean

Yes, I did change recently. Now I'm using Sierra 10.12

Message 9 of 10
pendean
in reply to: kristi

That may be the culprit: I suspect you'll discover other broken things soo enough too with your old AutoCAD software.

You need to be posting in the MAC forum, this one is predominantly aimed at Windows users. mac forum is here http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-for-mac/ct-p/3011
Message 10 of 10
bryce.thelin

The new Mac OS 10.12 (Sierra) causes the black image plot problem. Here is an article about the issue:

Images in referenced files do not plot in AutoCAD for Mac on Mac OS 10.12 (Sierra)

There are a couple workarounds provided, but until we get updates released for AutoCAD for Mac 2015 and 2016, there is no support right now for AutoCAD on Sierra. Also, as of right now, there are no plans to update older versions of AutoCAD (2014 and earlier) for Sierra (but that could change).

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost