Did you mean: 

Autocad LT 2013 will not print.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
katie1994
781 Views, 2 Replies

Autocad LT 2013 will not print.

This has been an ongoing problem that no one at my office seems able to solve. I cannot get my program to print to any of our network printers. I am using Autocad 2013 LT with FusionWare and Windows 7 on a Macpro OSX Lion. This started being a problem a few weeks ago and the only way I can get anything printed is to make a pdf and and then print the pdf from Acrobat.

Today I brought in a HP 940c printer from home and connected it to my desktop printer. I spent an hour uninstalling and installing the drivers. I can now print from Acrobat on both the PC and Mac sides of the computer, but when I try it from Autocad I get Error_Printing in the HP printer window. No info as to what the error might be. I tried this several times, tried renaming the file with a shorter name but since the driver puts in the entire path that was a futile gesture.

So I have confirmed that the printer is functioning correctly, just not with Autocad. Please, any help will be much appricated. I realize that i do have a working workaround but it is tedius and unnecessay to keep making all those pdfs.

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: katie1994

Undo whatever system update took place in Win7 (Windows System Restore), roll it back to a month it all worked, and your problem should go away. Then turn off/kill Windows automatic updates, only install the ones you know you need.

if AutoCAD/LT can still plot to PDF and DWF and any other driver in Win7 (try the free XPS included and any other 3rd party driver you can add), are you sure you are plotting to the system driver that the other apps are printing to? Are you using a PC3 file inside AutoCAD/LT?

You might want to try directing the HP output to file, see if it can be completed then manually dropping that file to the port to see if the hardware will take it up and plot it.
Message 3 of 3
katie1994
in reply to: pendean

OK, we did a system restore and downloaded the print drivers again and it all seems to be working now.   Whew!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost