Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD crashes when PLOT

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
erisedz
362 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD crashes when PLOT

Hi all, I posted this issue  that I'm faced with riding on another thread days ago but I figured I should place it in the rightful topic.

I don't know what happened over the weekend but when I came to work on a Monday, I'm unable to PLOT anything because AutoCAD crashed when I click on the 'PLOT' icon and when I go to 'File'-->'Plot'. The only way I'm able to plot is when I type '-PLOT' on the command line and go through line by line till the end and finally out comes then the hard copy/ pdf soft copy.

If I were to describe what happens on screen when I click 'PLOT', it goes like this..

1) CLICK 'PLOT'

2) Split second blink (It seems like the PLOT dialog box 'wants' to come out but 'something' made it close)

3) 1 second later, this error message pops up (Fatal error: Unhandled c0000417h Exception at 72df0468h)

Just a description of what I had tried prior to posting this:

1) I tried toggling the the "CMMDIA', 'FILEDIA', same probem persists

2) I tried the lisp program below: (initdia) (command "_.PLOT") BUT no success.

3) I removed all the printers and re-added them again. NO success.

4) I installed AutoCAD 13 SP2 but no success.

5) I uninstalled and re-installed AutoCAD 13 again no success.

I would just like to know how do I bring back the PLOT dialog box and print the 'normal way'. This has never happened before. Does anyone have a clue? Will really, really, really appreciate any insight on this! Thanks!!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: erisedz

Roll back your PC to the week it all worked and see if that fixes it. Most likely a driver changed.

Here are dozens of more tips: https://www.google.com/#q=AutoCAD+crashes+when+PLOT
Message 3 of 3
erisedz
in reply to: pendean

Thanks! I didn't think of that. Will try that out and see if it works.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost