ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

AutoCAD: Batch plotting to PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
382 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD: Batch plotting to PNG

We have had a PDF based archive for quite a while but a new resource tool ( "ThinkWise" ... ) cannot work with PDF, or DWF or whatever the rest of the world uses and needs PNG. ( yes, it's really worth it's price šŸ˜‰ )

The batch plot utility of AutoCAD 2015 will only use the plotter named in page setup or PDF or DWF(x)

This means that we need to change the default printer in the page setups of all drawings in the archive to "PublishToWeb PNG.pc3".

Now, if I manually change the "DWG to PDF" plotter for the PNG one... the paper size is retained and a scale factor of 11.81 to 1 is automatically introduced.

If I use any form of batch script/lisp/vla to change multiple files... the scale factor does not come across... and all pictures become really small.

I need help to get the scale factor to be set as well... - if only because I will need to set it back to PDF automatically as well (including 1:1 scale) , because that is what the people expect it to print like...

( oh yes... and still: if anyone knows a better PNG printer then the one that comes with AutoCAD - I'd like to know about that one as well.)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hwalker
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't know about publishing to PNG, but what version of Acrobat have you got?

From at least Acrobat 9 onwards you can save a PDF as a PNG.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: hwalker

For the first conversion that would do (although there are batch converters as well).

We however need to start generating PNGs from now on as we "check in" our drawings etc.

But someone in the LisP forum pointed me to the right method. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

ā€Boost