Autocad 2016 with windows 10 x64 not printing on HP DESIGNJET 500 42

31 REPLIES 31
SOLVED
Message 1 of 32
arshadmirza786
54218 Views, 31 Replies

Autocad 2016 with windows 10 x64 not printing on HP DESIGNJET 500 42

Hi

I was forced to upgrade to windows 10 the drivers of my plotter are good on windows 10 (-2) but autocad 2016 says the drivers are not available and could not print

Please help how to fix this problem

31 REPLIES 31
Message 2 of 32
pendean
in reply to: arshadmirza786

Tell the person that forced the upgrade: Win10 drivers for HP 500 devices are not good with AutoCAD 2016.

Roll back or buy a newer plotter or see if Win10 will let you install a Microsoft Driver in Win10 on your PC and not the server (remove the HP driver you have now) and see if that helps. Ask the person that forced you to upgrade to help with this task.

Message 3 of 32
arshadmirza786
in reply to: pendean

Replacement of a device for dirvers not possible

One should draw the attention of AUTODESK to look in to the matter a develop a way to work

other wise there should be a survey be conducted how much HP 500 need to be replaced with new one

Message 4 of 32
pendean

Autodesk doesn;t write drivers for HPs or anyone else sadly. If you want to tell Autodesk you can do so here http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?id=1073063&siteID=123112 and at your subscription log-in page.
Message 5 of 32
Anonymous

Scenario. Plotter HP 500 monov24 LPT printer, Win 8.1, Autocad 2015, installed basic driver (non hpgl) driver & i am able to print documents & pdf but cant plot through Autocad 2015. It asks for HPGL driver.
When I installed HPGL driver, the plotter screen shows error processing the print job. I have 5 PCs with Autocad 2015 and win 8.1 combination. All are able to print the docs but the only problem is Plot command via Acad 2015.

Solution.
I downloaded printershare tool from printershare.com,
I kept the basic (non HPGL) driver on the PC where plotter is connected via LPT and installed printershare on it and shared the plotter via printershare.
I installed printershare on all other PCs and searched for shared printer via printershare tool.
I opened Acad 2015 and clicked Plot and selected printershare from printer list and gave a plot command.
Hurray it printed successfully.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/printing-and-plotting/hp-designjet-500-42-and-autocad-2015-does-not-su...

I tried the above solution with Windows 10 and it worked fine. Give a try, Let us see. you might be lucky. All the best.

Message 6 of 32
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

We have the same problem - Windows 10, Autocad 2016 will not plot to a HP800 Designjet. Windows 10, Autocad 2014 plots fine. I am thinking its something in Autocad 2016 that needs to be fixed.

Message 7 of 32
pendean

Most of us found this method works for Win8 and Win10, but it doesn't seem to work for everyone with an old device like the HP800 http://latitude-it.net/hp-designjet-plotter-drivers-and-windows-8/

If 2016's SP1 patch does not help as well then it's not being fixed yet by Autodesk, if ever.
Message 8 of 32
Anonymous

Thanks for the response but the 750C is a 24" or 36" width plotter (depending on model) and the 500 and 800 are 42" wide plotters. When I go to plot it does not give me the option to pick a 42" wide roll. All our machines have 2014 so we are using that for now. I installed 2016 SP1 - this issue was not fixed.

Message 9 of 32
pendean

You took the third party solution to literally: I wanted you to use the process to get a better HP800 driver, not use the 750 driver. Try again, note #1 in that link, that's what the tip is really all about.
Message 10 of 32
arshadmirza786

grace of Autodesk by installing the Autocad 2016 SP1 and updating the windows 10 to its next build (11526) it has solved my problem

Message 11 of 32
mohan_s

Hello Arshad,

You have told in your earlier post that updating the windows 10 to its next build (11526) it has solved problem.

What does that mean by its next build (11526)?

I have installed service pack 1 for Autocad 2016 but had never suggested our to update Windows 10.

Best Regards,
Mohan Suryawanshi
Message 12 of 32
arshadmirza786
in reply to: mohan_s

As Autocad issue SP1 same when u update ur windows it will go to the next built now a days built 14257 is available try it

Message 13 of 32

Hi arshadmirza786,

I am currently on 10586 build and am experiencing the same problem with my DesignJet 42" ploter. Good to hear that you have fixed yours by upgrading to the next build. Have you aquired it from Insider program or is it publicly available build? The reason I am asking is because my WindowsUpdate says that my PC is up-to-date. 

Thanks,

Jovan

Message 14 of 32
Anonymous
in reply to: j.perovic87

Hi, All you need is HP Designjet Printer driver v8.10  for your HP 500 42" - you can downloaded from HP

Had the same problem as yours - but for some reason when I installed new driver, the old one v7.10 was still there, and that's why Acad 2016 can't find HP 500.

So - go to Control panel, Hardware and sound, View devices and printers, left-click on your HP Designjet 500, right-click, Printer properties, upper right "About"  and look what version yo have. If it is v7.10 - no chance to run Acad 2016 with this plotter.

If you want to install new version 8.10 - remove the HP 500 plotter from your printer list, download from HP new version -"hpdj510wumglen" is the name, and, after unzipping, search for file named "dsgj510" - right-clik and install.

After that switch on your plotter and your Win 10 should find and install new version 8.10 for your plotter HP 500. Remember to check in "About" section again if printer driver is now 8.10.

If it still 7.10 - you need to remove the old driver manually. To do so go to RUN and paste "printui /s /t2" - in Print Server Properties find HP 500 and remove/delete all drivers

After that install the new driver and now it must be 8.10 version

That's it - it worked for me.

Message 15 of 32
Anonymous

I am still having all kinds of trouble fixing this. Only it's with:

AutoCAD 2015 - Windows 10x64 - HP DesignJet 500 24

Tried all of the above, in addition to a few other things that I've seen around, and nothing has worked so far.

My HP DesignJet Printer Driver varies from a 6.07 to a 6.08. Can't get the 8.10 to take hold.

Message 16 of 32
Anonymous

Hi, Did you uninstall the old version manualy ?

Win 10 is having problems with unistalling the old drivers

Left click on Win icon down left corner of the screen and got to RUN, paste "printui /s /t2", hit OK, search for Drivers, than find your printer - in your case HP designjet 24 and remove/delete all drivers

After that install the new driver and now it must be 8.10 version

Message 17 of 32
Anonymous

Yes, I've been through the manual removal and install process many times.

Run - Printer Server Properties.jpg

Print Server Properties.jpg

Remove Driver and Package.jpg

Remove Driver Package.jpg

Install Driver hpdj510wx64glen - dsgj510.jpg

But still end up with the 6.07 driver, or sometimes the 6.08 driver somehow, but it still doesn't work:

hp dj500 driver 6.07.jpg

hp dj500 driver 6.08.jpg

Message 18 of 32
j.perovic87

Hell yeah! 😄 It worked like a charm! Thanks a lot! 😄
Message 19 of 32
derryck

Hi. When I right click on dsgj510 and click install, it goes through some motions, then says "the system cannot find the path specified"?

Message 20 of 32
derryck

Hi. Our plotter is shared on a computer running Windows 7. I am running Windows 10. When I installed dsgj510 and ran the plotter, the driver remained version 7.1. I then tried deleting the old driver in print server properties but I could not, because it was currently in use. Is it possible for me to install this driver if this other computer is on Windows 7?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost