Printing and Plotting

Printing and Plotting

remymerm
Message 1 of 2 (1,107 Views)

AutoCAD 2007 not reading plot styles correctly. Please help. Urgent

1107 Views, 1 Replies
01-17-2012 04:54 PM
Hi, So the firm I work at has AutoCAD 2000 and 2007. 2000 is installed on 5 out of the 7 computers, and 2007 installed on 6 of the 7 computers. 2 of the computers running just ACAD 2007 are Windows Vista, while all the other computers are Windows XP. We have an OCE TDS320 CAD Printer, an HP Wide Format Printer and a Panasonic 330 Copier/Fax/Printer. Our Problem is that When you try to plot an ACAD2007 drawing it will only plot it in color. This problem did not exist before 1/12/12. When I select the Plot Style to print I select "monochrome.stb" which has always worked, now all of a sudden it doesnt. The only way i have found to fix this problem is to change my drawing to layer "0" which is white, so when it tries to print in color it will print black. Another Guy in the firm i work at has ACAD2007 on his computer running XP, he also has 2000 running on the same computer. When he tries to plot on ACAD2007 the same thing happens, so it is not isolated to my computer. There is a difference though between his Plot Styles on his computer and the ones on mine. His end with .ctb, which works. It only doesnt work when he tries to print a drawing i made off of my computer. Because of this we copied his Plot Style folder for AutoCAD 2007 and installed it into the folder with all of my plot styles on my computer, replacing the ".stb" with ".ctb" That did not help at all. The last thing we tried was to copy over a file that plotted correctly, delete the drawing and draw what we needed, This also did not help. So basically we are thinking that ACAD2007 is not reading the Plot Styles correctly, or the Plot Styles are wrong or currupt. Please help us fix this problem. We have a project that needs to be printed in 2 weeks, and if this is not fixed it will make it very, very difficult to print. (We need 55 copies of the same set, 1 set being 23 pages, it would be a royal pain to go in and change everything to layer "0") Thanks.
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 2 (1,097 Views)

Re: AutoCAD 2007 not reading plot styles correctly. Please help. Urgent

01-18-2012 05:41 AM in reply to: remymerm

A DWG file is either set to use STB, or set to use CTB: to change a DWG to look at one or the other, you use CONVERTPSTYLES command.

Simply erasing STBs from the system does not change the DWG file settings.

Is that your issue, your file is set to STB?

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.