Printing and Plotting

Printing and Plotting

dyntema
Message 1 of 2 (549 Views)

Autocad 2002 full plot preview different than plot

549 Views, 1 Replies
07-31-2009 09:33 AM
I am using ADT 3.3 (Autocad 2002) with a Xerox 510 wide format plotter. The Xerox plot driver has a great feature - lines merge - that allows solid lines and gradients to "merge," yielding a plot that has solid lines visible "on top" of a shaded background. It's a great feature, and I take full advantage of it. The problem I am encountering is that the full plot preview has begun displaying the plot innaccurately. All of the fundamental plot parameters are still correct in the preview, but the lines merge feature is no longer "working" in the plot display. The drawing is still plotting correctly (thankfully) - with shaded regions under the other lines - but the full plot preview shows the shaded region obscuring most of the other lines.<br />
As for the drawing itself, the shading occurs in a series of elevations in another drawing, which was then inserted as an x-ref. Dimension lines were then superimposed on the x-ref in model space, and seven paper space sheets with numerous viewports were composed for plotting purposes. It is a complex drawing, and in hindsight, it would have been better if the x-ref information had been in model space, rather than inserted as an x-ref. I know Autocad can struggle with sort order in display and plotting - and particularly with x-refs - but ever since we got the Xerox 510 (and installed it's drivers), everything has worked beautifully.<br />
I have installed the most current Xerox Autocad 2002 HDI driver (11.0.2 - 7.1.15.30 [U5-1]), and the most current HPGL/2 driver (12.7.3.2910 / 12.7.3.3898 / 12.7.3.2035), and they are working properly, with no apparent conflicts. Any suggestions out there as to how I can get the plot preview to be accurate once again?

ps - I removed all previous instances of the Xerox drivers as they suggest, and have installed and uninstalled the new drivers three times, with the same result each time. I'm using Windows XP Pro in a network environment.
*Dean Saadallah
Message 2 of 2 (549 Views)

Re: Autocad 2002 full plot preview different than plot

07-31-2009 11:15 AM in reply to: dyntema
Plot Preview's linemerge display would be an AutoCAD/WIndows/Video card
issue, nothing to do with your plotter driver.
Does this issue also show up if you select something else to plot to? ADT3
is old too, the program most likely just cannot keep up with your new
complex drawing.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.