Printing and Plotting

Valued Contributor
PencilsWereSoEasy
Message 1 of 3 (267 Views)
Accepted Solution

Asian Characters in HP 1050 DesignJet dialog

267 Views, 2 Replies
12-11-2012 12:16 PM

so i've moved our printers to be managed by Windows Server (2008 R2) Print and Document Services and now i see the dialog on the users' Windows 7 machines is all in some asian language (see attached screenshot).

I can still navigate to the Options tab (from memory) and choose the profile that i built that uses the settings i want for my users, but that still doesn't solve the fact that the whole form (dialog) is written in this other language.

has anyone seen this?  i grabbed the drivers from the HP site...maybe i need to see if they have other versions or something.

lol at HPs knowledge base :smileywink:

anyway, it turns out that the Win7 driver is slightly different than the Vista driver even though they share the same revision number and release date.  the difference being that the Win7 dialogs are in Chinese and the Vista dialogs are in English.

So i installed the Vista driver and all's well.

(i'm saying Chinese because i'm ignorant :smileyhappy: - apologies if it's a different language)

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 3 (253 Views)

Re: Asian Characters in HP 1050 DesignJet dialog

12-12-2012 05:35 AM in reply to: PencilsWereSoEasy

Ask HP support's Knowledge Base while you wait here:

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public?ac.admitted=1355319254972.876444892.199480143

Or HP's public forums to ask for peer support:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/hpeb/

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Valued Contributor
PencilsWereSoEasy
Message 3 of 3 (247 Views)

Re: Asian Characters in HP 1050 DesignJet dialog

12-13-2012 05:07 AM in reply to: pendean

lol at HPs knowledge base :smileywink:

anyway, it turns out that the Win7 driver is slightly different than the Vista driver even though they share the same revision number and release date.  the difference being that the Win7 dialogs are in Chinese and the Vista dialogs are in English.

So i installed the Vista driver and all's well.

(i'm saying Chinese because i'm ignorant :smileyhappy: - apologies if it's a different language)

Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.