Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arial Font Width Changing When Printing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mjensen
358 Views, 1 Reply

Arial Font Width Changing When Printing

I have an issue with the Arial font width changing when printing to either PDF or directly to a printer (HP Laserjet 5200).

It seems to be an issue with 2012 and 2014 AutoCAD.  Not yet tried on 2015.  Our setups are 64 bit AutoCAD with Win 7 OS.

We use a detail callout attribute block that we in the body of mtext.  We just leave 16 spaces within the note to allow for

the attribute block to be added.  When printing, the arial font that we use will change in width. 

From my testing, it appears that changing the plot resolution will effect the plot results (and the PDF file size).  The plot preview looks fine in all resolutions.

This was never an issue using AutoCAD fonts.  We recently converted to the Arial TTF so we could search for text in the PDFs.

I've attached a jpeg file showing the screen capture from AutoCAD.  I've also attached a zip file containing 3 PDF files plotted with different resolutions.

The issue at 300DPI is very pronounced, but even at the 1200DPI resolution the text will still shrink in width.

Anyone else seen this issue or perhaps have a better work-around than changing the plot resolution?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: mjensen

Since you are using the ACROPLOT driver to ceate the PDFs, you need to talk to them about it.

As a general rule, unlike AUtoCAD stick fonts, you have to know how all of your drivers are set to treat TTF fonts. AutoCAD will not override driver settings.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost