Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Computers Giving Different Results - Same Settings - Different AutoCAD

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
jwaldz
826 Views, 7 Replies

2 Computers Giving Different Results - Same Settings - Different AutoCAD

I have 2014 AutoCAD running on my Alienware laptop (running Win8) and 2004 AutoCAD running on my HP Desktop (running Win7) at work. I just noticed that my desktop prints look way better than prints from my laptop. Even when using the same exact plot style, settings, and EVERYTHING (I checked multiple times) I'm getting different results from each. I'm printing to the same exact printer (Sharp MX-3111U). Any tips?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jivkomitev2
in reply to: jwaldz

print to PDF from each computer then send these PDF files from each computer and compare results. maybe there is a problem with printer driver

Message 3 of 8
jwaldz
in reply to: jivkomitev2

I will give that a shot and report back. Thanks for idea.

Message 4 of 8
jwaldz

Tried the PDF trick and it would seem that it's something either with the printer driver or in cad on my laptop. I deleted the printer from the device list and added it again. I even went as far as downloading drivers off of Sharps website. No changes.

Even in print preview you can tell that there is a difference between the two.

Message 5 of 8
michael.robertson

Might be a driver settings between the machines are different. Can you share the printer on the "Good" printing machine and connect to it from the "Bad" machine and compare the results? You'll need to first delete the printer from the bad machine, when connecting to the good machine if it asks if you want to use the already installed driver say no.

Mike Robertson
FL. Dept. of Transportation
CADD Applications Developer
Message 6 of 8
jwaldz
in reply to: michael.robertson

I've already gone through that step and installed the printer off the network not selecting the driver "already installed". Doesn't change anything.

Message 7 of 8
pendean

Win8 drivers are probably the reason why your Win7 drivers output look different. It happens: are both from SHARP or are you using something else? I would suggest you tap SHARP support, if PREVIEW looks good in AutoCAD that is what it is sending to the driver.
Message 8 of 8
jwaldz
in reply to: pendean

Preview does looks different between the two. You can tell that lines and text are more bold in the 2014 than in the 2004. I've asked a couple fellow coworkers who use 2014 if they've experienced anything like this and they said no. But none of them are using Windows 8. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost