Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crash when attempting to "create new drawing"

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
634 Views, 8 Replies

Crash when attempting to "create new drawing"

Every time I attempt to create a 2D drawing from a 3D solid Fusion crashes. It doesn't matter which drawing I use or wheather I choose an assembly or a component or wheather I choose "New drawing from design" in the file menu or I right click on the item in the browser and choose "create new drawing". Either way I choose OK in the dialog box and it crashes every time. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling once. Which oddly it won't let me uninstall it again. I get a popup window when I try to uninstall that says 

FusionUninstallError.jpg                      Any help would be much appreciated. Theo

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
svelez
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Theo,

Sorry to hear you are having problems with Fusion.

The issue you are experiencing with the uninstall seems to indicate there are some files missing or corrupted that are used by the program that performs the uninstall. To get around this, we could ask the Client Downloader to do the uninstall, or simply just erase the Client Downloader's knowledge of the product installation.  To do this, enter the value %LOCALAPPDATA%\Autodesk in to the navigation bar in windows explorer.  From there, delete the folder named "webdeploy" either by selecting it and hitting the "Delete" key on the keyboard or using the right-click context menu (or any other method you prefer to use for deleting folders). If there are file-in-use errors when trying to do the delete, make sure all copies of fusion are closed, and if this doesn't help, reboot the computer before once again trying the delete.

Once this has completed, the client downloader you originally used should be able to once again attempt to set up Fusion 360 for use.

With respect to the issues you are having with launching drawings, analysis of the logs you posted indicates Fusion is having difficulty accessing some web services.  Can you verify that the computer you are using is configured so that a connection to the following url works:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/StatusDashboard_Bucket/autodesk_maintenance.json?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAIGEHDI7...

Select that link with the current browser, and let us know if it downloads a file or not and if the browser presents some sort of warning message.

Thanks,

Steven

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: svelez

Thanks for the reply! I used your first suggestion and managed to get a clean uninstall and then reinstalled Fusion 360. The crashing when asking to "create new drawing" still occurs unfortunately.

Second suggestion, I clicked the link and a file downloaded. No warning message. Should I install the file? 

Message 4 of 9
svelez

Hello Theo,

Thanks for trying the diagnostics. It is not necessary to install the downloaded file.

When the application crashes, are you submitting the crash information to Autodesk? If not, could you do so? We will need the e-mail address you associate with the crash report so we can look it up in the system. You can send me the address via PM if you wish.

Also, are you willing to share the design file? We have experienced similar issues in the past that are design-related, and could investigate more expediently if we managed to reproduce the problem here.

Thanks,
Steven
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Thank you Svelez! 

I pmed you my email. The issue happens regardless of which design file I use. I have tried it with several of mine, with your demo designs, even with a simple cube solid and the crash happens regardless. I think we can safely say the issue isn't design related. 

Message 6 of 9
svelez

Hi Theo,

Thanks for the response. I got your e-mail, but I am not finding any entries in our crash reporting system related to it. When the crash occurs, do you get prompted with a dialog from Autodesk requesting to send crash information back to us? If so, did you enter this e-mail address in the dialog? We don't automatically pull your e-mail from your A360 account in that system.

Thanks,
Steven
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Well the problem is gone! I've been having issues with other programs as well so I did a fresh instal of Windows 7 64bit and re-installed Fusion 360. The drawing function works perfectly now. I don't know why but I'm happy! 

Message 8 of 9
svelez

OK! Glad to hear you are up-and-running.

If you have any trouble in the future, please feel free to contact us once again.

Thanks,
Steven
Message 9 of 9
niki.martinovic00

Hello,

So im having the sam problem, however mine is a MacBook Air (M1, 2020) and i had the same problem even with the uninstall. Since its a new laptop I factory reset it! I installed Fusion again and sadly the problem still occurs. I have sent a crash report.

Regards

Nikol

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report