Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

operation - parallel

27 REPLIES 27
SOLVED
Message 1 of 28
ludwika85
1934 Views, 27 Replies

operation - parallel

Hi

I have a questions. In my toolpath file I put the parallel operation. The geometry which is operated is the part of the plastic injection mold. What parameter controls the course of the optimization path  for unnecessary runs - those  runs which are shown in attached image? This is the beginning of the path, and then the tool enters deeper into the stock and after all is OK.

Ludwika

27 REPLIES 27
Message 21 of 28
ludwika85
in reply to: jeff.walters

Hi Jeff

Sorry but the warning applies to other operation - pencil which at this point is skipped. For operation parallel with undiscovered errors, the log file is clean. The ribbon simulation is clean also - there are no red flags. Please take a look at the attached picture.

Message 22 of 28
jeff.walters
in reply to: ludwika85

this isnt the operation your running?

this_one.png

Jeff Walters
Senior Support Engineer, CAM
Message 23 of 28
bobvdd
in reply to: jeff.walters

For the parallel operation, I need to look into the areas thatyou circled in red. Looks like the tool is diving needlessly too deep in the material

For the pencil operation, the error in the log and the yellow exclamation mark seems justified as you really don't have any internal corners or fillets to clean-up. Maybe you were after something like the Trace operation?

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group
Message 24 of 28
ludwika85
in reply to: bobvdd

Unfortunately, all what we wrote is based on the simulation ,in real conditions it can be different. Perhaps the area in these places is so displayed - where the cutter enter straight down. Why?

In the soft material (PVC, PE hard, PP) is allowed to enter the cutter straight down but rather never in hard materials. The cutter should go beyond the material, leave with stepdown and back to the horizontal milling.For this procedure would be the best  Tool outside boundary option with additional offset, but unfortunately it is the application gives a strange path. What we saw earlier.  

It is a pity that I can not test this path in real.

Message 25 of 28
bobvdd

The simulation is pretty accurate and pretty close to what you would get on the machine.
But indeed the simulation is telling us that the tool is cutting in the material during the transition from one cutting pass to the next (the green portions of the toolpath).

To avoid these troublesome transitions , you could use the "One way" option on the Passes tab in the dialog. I saved a new version  in your project with this option set.

Have a look to see if you like it better.

Here is how it looks like during simulation:

one way parallel roughing operation.png

Bob Van der Donck

Message 26 of 28
ludwika85

Hi Bob

I have earlier tested one way option with changed Vertical Lead-in radius and Vertical Lead out radius -greater than cutter's diameter The results are satisfactory and your reply convinces me that this is riht way.

Thanks Bob

Message 27 of 28
ludwika85

Hi Bob

I have finished my toolpaths. I have made two parallel operations -first is the roughing mill with the Bull-nose Mill and second is the final mill with the Ball Mill. The chamfers on the edges after fist operation do not affect the end result because ball mill smoothes them. So I think the problem is solved.

Thanks for your support and until next time.

Ludwika

Message 28 of 28
bobvdd

Hi Ludwika,

Great to hear that you could come to a satisfactory solution. Looks like the ball mill nicely cleaned up what the bull-nose mill had left behind.

Keep those new projects coming:-)

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report