Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIDEO: How I designed my Spyderco folding Knife in Fusion 360

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
keqingsong
1018 Views, 2 Replies

VIDEO: How I designed my Spyderco folding Knife in Fusion 360

Here is a video of me talking about how I went about designing my trusty Spyderco Delica 4 folding knife. Hope this is helpful! Enjoy! 

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rishivadher
in reply to: keqingsong

Hi nice video, it would be nice while you are talking, show more modelling thing in real time, and some sketch detail, open one our more component. To see the modelling, hide something and then model other component. And it’s sad that this is the more complex thing you have done, it would be cool to see like 500 part models. Separate model one part then other then bring some to the main assembly so it has subassemblys.

Great video, hope to see more, 🙂

best regards

Message 3 of 3
keqingsong
in reply to: rishivadher

@rishivadher wrote:

Hi nice video, it would be nice while you are talking, show more modelling thing in real time, and some sketch detail, open one our more component. To see the modelling, hide something and then model other component. And it’s sad that this is the more complex thing you have done, it would be cool to see like 500 part models. Separate model one part then other then bring some to the main assembly so it has subassemblys.

Great video, hope to see more, 🙂

best regards

Thanks for your feedback Rishi, I'm much appreciative that you took the time share your thoughts.

Honestly, I'm still consider myself fairly new to the software (maybe an intermediate?). The entire knife took me about 4 days to design, given that I worked on it about 1-2 hours a day. With that said, I'm definitely working on sharpening my skills (no pun intended), and will continue to model things that I'm passionate about. That's the beautiful of Fusion 360; it'll allow you to achieve a desireable result even if you don't have much experience with CAD.  

And yes, I assure you that we'll have a hangout that is dedicated to assemblies in the near future. One of our resident modeling extraordinaire is Kevin Schneider himself; he's done some amazing designs and maybe we'll get him to show us some of his stuff. Would love to see anything cool you've been designing as well 🙂 

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report