Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toy Car Core/Cavity Mold Tutorial

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
TheCADWhisperer
2875 Views, 1 Reply

Toy Car Core/Cavity Mold Tutorial

Well, 

this was supposed to be part of a series of tutorials, but I have had to move on to my primary work and do not have time to edit the others.

In any case, let me know if you have trouble completing this tutorial - particularly if I missed something in editing.

Use the attached files to create this Gallery example.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

CADWhisperer, thanks a thousand for posting this, that's exactly the kind of instructional material I need!!  (I'm not so keen on vidoes myself.)  

It calls for a wiki or something if I may come with a suggestion!!

Here's what I did. I downloaded CADWhisperer's zip attachement,  found a nice printed walk-through with good pruned screen shots and a dozen sketches for carrying out curved modeling in more traditional CAD sense (I think completely without t-splines). Excellent...

Still, I hope somebody can take this over; the instructions still require some proficiency at least more than what I have to follow it.

For example, in just trying to do the first couple of steps, I wondered about how to turn off visibility of all indiviual sketches with just one command (turning of the "Sketches folder" lightbulb doesn't do this) so that afterwards only the two needed sketches can be turned on. I found a trick to do this: walk back in history to where just those two sketches have been made. Then create the first sweep as a "feature" (thing on timeline) and move it to the end.

The next problem was that I couldn't find the "sweep" command for surfaces. Here CADWhisperer came to rescue again; I found the answer in a reply to the very same question of his a few months ago: Create a "base feature"! Call that irony...but it brings me to the next point: we're all running into the same questions over and over.

So here's a suggestion: a wiki format would be fantastic for these kinds of documents so that the little issues such as those above can be easily solved (I remember a LaTeX wiki was suggested, but that seems a little heavy-handed [I'm familiar with LaTeX myself.])

Perhaps an "instructable" would work (I'm not actually familar with editing docs on that site, but I gather it's AutoDesk owned).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report