Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips for using the 'Image' menu

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
lure23
359 Views, 2 Replies

Tips for using the 'Image' menu

I'd like to share the tips I learned today on the Image features, writing this:

My critical look on the Images menu (and suggestion to use drag&drop instead)

These are tiny problems (and a solution) on the current UI's Image features. Didn't want to clutter the IdeaStation entry with them. 

Note: I had created one sketch with around 2.4m size before bringing in the pictures. This is probably what makes them vanish into tiny dots. If the first thing one does is importing pictures, all seems to be fine.

On the current UI

I noticed this weird behavior of 'Attached Canvas' in current (1.8.604) version:

video:Attached Canvas to Coordinate Plane.mov

It shows the origin planes, suggesting I can select one as an orientation for the canvas to occur. Which I do. Pressing 'OK' nothing happens. No picture anywhere.

Or so I thought for the first four-five times. But there's the move controls. There's the little white speck after the process (did you notice that?). 

What happens is that, for some reason, Fusion 360 scales the image very, very small. So small it doesn't make any sense. My suggestion would be to scale to some reasonably visible size so that people have an idea on what's going on. If we want small, we can drag to move scales. If we don't even see the image anywhere, …. we just get confused.

I would categorize this as a usability bug.

Also, I noticed that if a face already has an image, it cannot be selected as a target face any more. Why? If I want to replace an existing image with another I should be able to do that.

Asko Kauppi

IT guy into Cleantech.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
kat.ingalls
in reply to: lure23

Hey Asko! Agree with Peter, you have some of the most useful and detailed feedback we've ever seen from any user. Thank you for spending the time to tell us how to improve. I think the IdeaStation is the perfect place for ideas like this for how to improve the product. The product team manages that section of the forums, and will be better able to give updates and ask for clarification there. 🙂

Kat

Fusion 360 Social & Community Manager
twitter: @adskFusion360
facebook: /fusion360
Message 3 of 3
kingson138
in reply to: lure23

Hi Asko, thanks for your detailed analysis on these workflows. It is nice to finally see that someone is experiencing the same problem and report it. Before when we reported something the general response was "I cannot duplicate the problem".. It is good to see such good detailing in your post! Thanks I learn a lot from your tips and comments!

Regards,
Kingson
Using Apple computers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report