Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuff you need to know: Star Points and T Points

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
patrick.miller
836 Views, 3 Replies

Stuff you need to know: Star Points and T Points

Star points and T points allow detail modification while minimizing the number of edges and faces required. This video introduces the concept of start points and T points and also provides some tips for managing the points.

Patrick Miller

User Experience Designer
Fusion 360 Learning
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi Patrick,

you refer to a video which is not connected to your message.

Maybe this is because your message is quite old.

If the video cannot be re-animated do you know other sources of information about Start and T Points.

Thank you!

Best regards

Enno

Message 3 of 4

@TrippyLighting has (I think) some links to good info regarding sub-D modeling that directly relates to managing star points that would be a good place to start.  maybe he'll be along and post them.

Message 4 of 4

@laughingcreek wrote:

@TrippyLighting has (I think) some links to good info regarding sub-D modeling that directly relates to managing star points that would be a good place to start.  maybe he'll be along and post them.

I got some. Some while ago I came across Arrimus 3D Youtube channel. He explains concepts very well. He does not use Fusion 360 but does mostly Sub-D modeling with 3DS Max and Blender. T-Spline modeling and Sub-D modeling are very similar. There are no T-Points in  Sub-D modeling, but leading Sub-D modelers appear not to need them  😉

Namenotimportant has a few nice T-Spline tutorials on his YouTube channel. 

Also, attached is the T-Spline manual for Rhino before T-Splines were acquired by Autodesk. 

To my knowledge, no such document was ever created by Autodesk for Fusion 360!!!

One would assume that having acquired the technology and having access to the source of the document would be a slam dunk situation, but I guess not!

Peter Doering

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report