Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Tip: Adding custom views for cloud renderings

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jakefowler
1049 Views, 1 Reply

Quick Tip: Adding custom views for cloud renderings

Just reposting a quick tip that Kevin posted to the blog a while back, on how to add custom views to your cloud rendering list.

By default, the cloud rendering service will allow you to create rendered images from four standard base views of your model: Home, Front, Top, and Right:

rend1.png

In this example, these views don't really give me a nice presentation shot of my design (to be honest I didn't really align the model correctly to the standard views correctly in the first place). If you want to generate a rendering from a custom zoom & viewing angle, you just need to create one or more Named Views in your design. To do this, open the model and manipulate the graphics view to the angle & zoom you want to capture. Then right-click Named Views in the browser, and select New Named View:

rend2.png

Once created, you can rename the view for easy reference later. You can also overwrite your named view at any time by right-clicking its item in the browser and selecting Update Named View (which will replace it with the curent graphics view):

rend2b.png

After saving a new version of your model, you should see a thumbnail for each Named View in the Renderings list in the Item Details panel, which you can then re-render at the desired size & quality level (the below image shows the preview rendering for this view, and a re-rendering I did of the same image at Final quality):

rend3.png

Hope this helps out! For more rendering tips & tricks, it definitely worth checking out Colin's blog post on Materials, and Garin's post on the Render workspace.

Jake Fowler
Principal Experience Designer
Fusion 360
Autodesk

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dewaine50
in reply to: jakefowler

I don't see the "Item Details" panel like you do in this. It would be nice if you highlight exactly what to click on to get that exact popup window with all those previews. All I see is the renderings at the bottom and no named views. Everything looks so zoomed out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report