Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official tutorial videos are low-res and with wrong aspect ratio

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
lure23
1041 Views, 1 Reply

Official tutorial videos are low-res and with wrong aspect ratio

The training videos you have are great. However, they suffer from easy-to-fix embedding problems, systematically.

I'm using a since 28" display, and having the videos squeezed into 640x480 pixels on a huge screen is - well - idiotic.

Most CAD professionals probably have multiple screens, and can view the tutorials full screen on a second display while working with the tool on the first. I've found that to be awesome way to get most out of the tutorials. See some, pause, try out, continue. Having to switch between full screen and windowed mode breaks that.

So, I propose the following fix:

- change the embedding width and height from current (640x480) to something larger, and simultaneously change them to 16:9 aspect ratio that the media itself has. That's it!

I did some hacks with this locally, and found i.e. 1067x600 pixels to be a nice resolution (even 800x450 works). You want the menu texts to be visible when being viewed in a window. With the current small resolution, they are not.

Picture of current situation (full size):

To do the change, the following two places for each embedded video must be changed:

HTML dig

Your video streaming provider is able to scale accordingly, so no changes to the actual contents are necessary.

I wish to thank you for wonderful training material, and hope to see it presented in the best possible way.

To sum up:
- make menu etc. texts in windowed mode readable
- fix the aspect ratio (i.e. no black bars above and below the videos)

This applies to both Fusion 360 and Sim 360 tutorials.

Thank you,

- Asko Kauppi
BM Design Ltd.
Helsinki, Finland

Asko Kauppi

IT guy into Cleantech.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
prabakarm
in reply to: lure23

Asko,

Thanks for diving into it and providing us a recommendation.  We will incorporate this in the videos moving forward.

Prabakar.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report