Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move a Fusion 360 Distributed Design ( 3D Parents and Children ) Across Projects

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
schneik-adsk
1550 Views, 2 Replies

Move a Fusion 360 Distributed Design ( 3D Parents and Children ) Across Projects

Here is a detailed description on how to move distributed designs.

Start Fusion and in the data panel find the item you want to export.

Click the i next to this item and in the area that expands click the link to Open details in A360.

open details in a360.png

Once the web page loads click the Toolbox icon and select export. It will default to F3Z. I like to put in the comments a short explanation of what i'm doing.

2015-08-24 07.59.06 pm.png

After a few moments you can close the details by click the, X.

ssp_temp_capture copy2.png

A blue button will appear saying 1 New Post.  If you refresh you can see the activity feed will have an event where you can Download the results of the cloud translation. The download will be an F3Z file.  Save it to your desktop or another convenient place.

ssp_temp_capture copy.png

Return to Fusion and in the side data pane navigate to the new project where you want to put the copy ( it must be a new project ).

Click Upload and select the F3Z file you downloaded.

2015-08-24 08.17.42 pm.png

You will not that after a few moments the upload dialog will list all the distributed files and will recreate the items and relationships in the new project.

2015-08-24 08.18.08 pm.png

Finished!

Kevin Schneider
Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Thanks. I'd though along the same lines!

Peter Doering
Message 3 of 3

That's a fine work around for now, but could be so much more efficient if F360 just let you move/copy all required files between projects. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report