Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum signatures

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
schneik-adsk
705 Views, 21 Replies

Forum signatures

One simple idea. I have updated my forum signature to include my OS, platform and location a simple way to help identify some basic data.  If everyone did the same it would help us greatly get that simple, but important information with your forum questions. Often one of the first things we have to ask is if you are Mac or Windows.

I'll admit I have asked many of you these questions myself.  I am loosing track and feel silly when I have to ask twice (Sorry bigredfrog).  You can edit your signature right in the forum settings.

What do you think? 

Kevin Schneider
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
keqingsong
in reply to: schneik-adsk

I think this is a fantastic idea, almost one of those "d'uh" moments. I will help spread the word.

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Message 3 of 22

I recommend using macros for your computer specs(or anything you post frequently).

In the Lithium platform when you change your signature it will update all posts\replies. Meaning you will be updating on old post with new specs. A possible confusion issue long term

For more info on setting up Macros see this

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

Message 4 of 22
Phil.E
in reply to: Discussion_Admin

Okay, good advice! Macros are easy to set up. Testing my specs below.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 22
Phil.E
in reply to: Phil.E

Sorry but it doesn't work for me.

I set up the macro, I picked it from the drop down. Nothing pastes. Is this functionality browser specific?

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 22
Discussion_Admin

Below is Lithium's list. What were you using when you failed?

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

Lithium recommends using the latest releases of the following browsers(with JavaScript enabled):

• Chrome
  • Firefox
  • Internet Explorer 8+
  • Safari

For mobile devices they recommend using one of the latest popular mobile operating systems and devices with their default browsers (with JavaScript enabled):

• iOS with Safari
  • Android with Android browser
  • Opera Mini
  • Blackberry Browser

Message 7 of 22
Phil.E

I'm on IE9 at the moment.

Double checking everything. It seems so simple. I even tried logging out and back in again.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 22
Discussion_Admin

It is honestly Smiley Happy

Let me check you're account settings and run a test with you're account. If you get logged out when I close up just log back in.

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

Message 9 of 22

OK confirmed it's not working in you're account will look in to it deeper and get back to you here.

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

Message 10 of 22

Phil,

while this is being checked out would make sure compatibility mode is turn off in IE9 we had some issue with that before and it acted as an account issue.

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

Message 11 of 22
Phil.E

Okay, that does it! For some reason autodesk.com domain was set to compatability.

You may want to add that to your instructions for macros. Thanks for the help!

[Macro below]

HP EliteBook 8560w Win 7
13" MacBook Pro, mid 2009 OS X 10.8.4
Portland, Oregon

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 12 of 22
Discussion_Admin

My test failed for the same reasonSmiley Embarassed I was just about to post back.

Glad you got it worked out let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

Message 13 of 22
kamil.trebunia

Actually asking users to fix it manually is counter productive. Forum administrators should be able to inject following HTML meta tag into forum template to solve it once and for all (it will ask IE browser to use latest and greatest rendering engine and not some outdated crap):

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">

Alternatively it can also be solved by setting HTTP header "X-UA-Compatible" to "IE=edge" (then it's not required to change HTML templates).

Read more: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compatibility_mode

Message 14 of 22

Thanks for the feedback Kamil

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

Message 15 of 22
Eduardo2012

How about adding a hyperlink in the signature? Or anywhere at the end of my posts? I would like to make my newly created blog visible as a hyperling at the end of my posts, but so far it only appears as simple text.

Message 16 of 22
herzinj
in reply to: Eduardo2012

You should be able to insert a hyperlink with the little chain icon at the top of the window.

x.jpg

Please let me know if this isn't working for you!

James

https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png
Message 17 of 22
Eduardo2012
in reply to: herzinj

Hi herzinj, thanks for your reply. I see that hyperlink button here in the text editor, but I would rather like to have it in my signature so I don't have to insert it each time separately.

Here I attach a picture of the place where ideally this hyperlink would work. I don't know, maybe adding a prefix or some symbols and all that weird stuff used for programming such as ##{<}.....etc etc that makes it work as a hyperlink rather than plain text. Greetings.

Message 18 of 22
philip.s
in reply to: Eduardo2012

Hi Eduardo,

Trusted community members such as your self (those whom have obtained a specific rank) are granted a basic HTML privilege on the site. In the context of a community signature, you can simply add HTML into the field to force a hyperlink.

i.e. <a href="http://revit-windsurfer.blogspot.mx">http://revit-windsurfer.blogspot.mx</a>

Message 19 of 22
Eduardo2012
in reply to: philip.s

Thanks a lot Phillip!!! That does the trick.

I also thank you for your words. 

Message 20 of 22
O.Tan

Good suggestion!

Omar Tan
Malaysia
Mac Pro (Late 2013) | 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5 | 12GB 1.8 GHz DDR3 ECC | Dual 2GB AMD FirePro D300
MacBook Pro 15" (Late 2016) | 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 | 16GB 2.1 GHz LPDDR3 | 4GB AMD RadeonPro 460
macOS Sierra, Windows 10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report