Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Sunflower

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
deyop
749 Views, 1 Reply

Creating Sunflower

Here is a PDF that details a bit about how I approached building this T-Spline model.  The original image came from a T-Spline forum posting.  http://www.tsplines.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=34520#p55434

There could be many ways to approach the model and I stuttered and stopped to this result but maybe seeing the steps could be helpful.

Sunflower.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cekuhnen
in reply to: deyop

Poly modeling this shape would be easy but the strength of TS in Rhino is that you can build the curve layout and then with TS skin it.

Currently it seems to me Fusion lacks many of such tools and focuses only on poly's to create TS objects.

Using a ring profile can really help and the planing out the loop cuts which are only needed.

What really wil make it work is how you define the folds between the arcs. In my case I build by hand a fliped bridge face between the ends.

Screen Shot 2013-12-18 at 2.41.28 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-12-18 at 2.38.40 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-12-18 at 2.38.27 AM.png

Claas Kuhnen

Faculty Industrial Design – Wayne State Universit

Chair Interior Design – Wayne State University

Owner studioKuhnen – product : interface : design

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report