Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad web performance with latest rev? Fix by turning off "Product Usage Data"!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tdtwohy
684 Views, 3 Replies

Bad web performance with latest rev? Fix by turning off "Product Usage Data"!!

Yes it's true... the "Product Usage Data" logs every twitch in Fusion360... slowing it down to the point of requiring a T-1 line to smooth the bumps out... enginnering myopia at it's best.

Hey engineers, Sorry about AutoDesk's nosey probing causing problems... but at least you gave a switch to turn it off this time.

Clearly you should WARN people that the data will bog down performance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tdtwohy
in reply to: tdtwohy

Note:

It is still sending tons of data to "mom"... and being slow and spinning beach balls are still happening... just not as much.

Message 3 of 4
jakefowler
in reply to: tdtwohy

Hi,

We certainly don’t expect this to affect performance in the way you describe, and we’d really like to get to the bottom of this (this information helps us a lot in improving the product, so we’d obviously like to make enabling this as painless for customers as possible!).

When you disabled the checkboxes in the Product Usage Data preferences, were both of them checked for you, and did you uncheck both of them? If it was just one of them you unchecked, do you remember which one it was (out of ‘Improving the software’ and ‘Improving communication with me’)? If it’s possible to narrow down which of these checkboxes was causing the slowdown for you, that will make it much easier for us to investigate this problem.

Many thanks, and sorry that this issue affected your experience of Fusion 360 for some time.

Kind regards,

Jake

Jake Fowler
Principal Experience Designer
Fusion 360
Autodesk

Message 4 of 4
dreno99
in reply to: jakefowler

I am having regular temporary lock ups, 5 - 10 seconds, that I think is related to 360. Or Product Usage Data? How do I turn this off. Help is not helpful in this instance.

David

AutoCAD 2013

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report