Did you mean: 

Sharing Modified post processors

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
kblackwell
1086 Views, 15 Replies

Sharing Modified post processors

I was wondering if there is a section of this forum where the community can share back posts they have modified and improved?  I have a generic post that has been heavily modified and i would like to share it back to the community.  I see that there is a post processors library but it would be nice if there was a section for crowd sourced versions.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
bob.schultz
in reply to: kblackwell

It is great that you want to share the work that you have done with other users! There is no repository for customer generated posts, but you can easily share it back with the community simply by placing it on this forum.  Be sure to give a good description of the machine and control that the post was developed for in the Subject line and a more detailed description including any special features in the comments.  The search feature is a commonly used tool in the forum and is used to find subject matter pertaining to the user's needs, so your post will come up when a user searches for this machine.

Not all content on the forum has to be requests, if you develop a post you would like to share with everyone or develop a technique that could be useful for other users, then feel free to post that information to this forum.

Bob Schultz
Sr. Post Processor Developer

Message 3 of 16
kblackwell
in reply to: bob.schultz

Bob, thank your for the quick reply.  I will do as you suggest in the meantime.  One of the best features that drew me to HSMWorks was the fact that posts were free, as long as one was available, which in the case of our Haas UMC 750 was the case.  But, it was a generic post with only basic functionality, although it works great as is.  I believe this community would benefit greatly from a crowd sourced section of the post library that would allow users to upload post processors for everyone to share, vet, and rate them.  When a post's rating is high enough HSMWorks could integrate the new features into the generic posts thereby greatly increasing the generic posts usability, and making the changes official.  There is no other CAM software company that i can think of that does something like this, but there again they all charge for their posts so they have a different business model for post processors.  I think this would take a huge weight off of HSMWorks's  post department as well.

Message 4 of 16
bob.schultz

Thanks for the feedback.  I will pass it along and we'll see what happens.

Bob Schultz
Sr. Post Processor Developer

Message 5 of 16
al.whatmough
in reply to: bob.schultz

You asked.  We delivered.

We did a soft roll-out of an Ideastation today.

There is a category for posts.

Simple create a new idea. Attached the post (or what you want the post do to) and start the voting 🙂

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/hsm-ideas/idb-p/231

Thank you for being a contributing member of the community.

---------
AL Whatmough
Director Product Management - Manufacturing

Note, I love to engage on the forums. However, I spend a lot of time in meetings trying to help clear the path for our amazing team of Developers working on Manufacturing at Autodesk. So, if I don't respond immediately, it's not that I don't care.
Message 6 of 16

@al.whatmough

Clicking your link:

"You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue."

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
Message 7 of 16

@LibertyMachine thanks, fixed the link:

---------
AL Whatmough

Note, I love to engage on the forums. However, I spend a lot of time in meetings trying to help clear the path for our amazing team of Developers working on Manufacturing at Autodesk. So, if I don't respond immediately, it's not that I don't care.
Message 8 of 16
kblackwell
in reply to: al.whatmough

I get the same error when i click "Submit a new Idea"

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

Message 9 of 16
al.whatmough

CAn you try again - it should be working now. Thank you for your feedback!
---------
AL Whatmough

Message 10 of 16
kblackwell

Submitting a new idea works but i'm not sure how to categorize as a "Post".  I clicked the link to submit idea but i can't see where you categorize as a "Post", maybe i'm doing something wrong.

Message 11 of 16
al.whatmough

I don't see your idea, are you posting here:

You should be able to set the category to Posts:

posts.png

---------
AL Whatmough

Message 12 of 16
kblackwell

I haven't posted the idea yet because i couldn't find how to set the category.  Here is what i see when i click the "Submit Idea" button the HSM section 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/hsm-ideas/idb-p/231Screenshot (13).png

Message 13 of 16
al.whatmough

Thanks for Catching this.  I confirmed this is an issues for others outside of Autodesk.

---------
AL Whatmough

Message 14 of 16
al.whatmough

the team tells me it is fixed.

---------
AL Whatmough

Message 15 of 16
kblackwell

Yes, i have confirmed i have the category selection now.  I'll submit the idea in the morning.  Thanks you Al.  

Message 16 of 16

@al.whatmough

I don't suspect that you are the person that this question should be posed to. However, I don't know who that individual is, so you get to hear it and hopefully pass it along 🙂

Any chance the Fusion CAM community could get a sticky on it's forum directing to the HSM IdeaStation? It would be a great resource for those that don't spend much time outside of the Fusion forums and might still be looking at the Fusion IdeaStation as the only recourse to seeing CAM improvements

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report