Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for simple tool list setup sheet

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
glen
4173 Views, 9 Replies

Request for simple tool list setup sheet

would it be possible to make a new setupsheet post that is simplified?

I would like to see all the tools in a nice list, each tool listed ONCE and the DOC equal to the deepest cut that tool will do on the job (if you want DOC in the list, i could care less). I dont want to see a picture of the tool either, just a list so it can print onto one page, single spaced lines. Need to do up to 60 tools sometimes..

Thats all i want, nothing more. I realy just need a tool list for our setup sheets. One program has 90 tool paths and the setup sheet is 30 pages long, so pretty much useless except for the pretty pics. 
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
TheCamMan
in reply to: glen

In not sure if most people know this but there are 2 styles of setup sheets in HSMWorks. The default is the html style that everyone is familiar with. There is also a XML (excel) style as well. Hold the shift key while you pick on Setup Sheet. This has 3 pages Overview, Operations, and Tools.

One other thing to remember is that both of the setup sheet styles can be customized to your needs. Just let your reseller know and they should be able to get it done up for you.
Message 3 of 10
mtwebster

Take a look at the attached -

It's a modified version of the stock setup-sheet-excel post that comes with HSMWorks, first page has basic information and a space for me to paste a screenshot in of the setup, second page has ordered tool list, and ordered operation list, with depth of cuts, max z-depths, etc..

I actually have this post called from my main machine post, so it's generated automatically when I post a program.  It then opens Excel automatically so I can paste in my screenshot, and I have a 2 custom macros in excel, one to save the file as an .xlsx and the other to 'print all sheets', sort of a quick print but does both my setup worksheets, not just the current one.

Let me know if you want those macros, I'll share them also.
Message 4 of 10
glen

I cant get the cps file to work. Also i cannot save it unless i rename it to something else.
Message 5 of 10
keith.clausen

seekins wrote:

I cant get the cps file to work. Also i cannot save it unless i rename it to something else.

The installed default post processors have the attributes switched to Read Only. Which .cps file are you trying to use?
Keith Clausen
Gcode In Motion

SolidWorks 2021
HSMWorks 2022
Fusion360 - Manufacturing Extensions
Message 6 of 10
glen

the one attached above
Message 7 of 10
keith.clausen

did you save the post and template below to a folder and then try it. if you are renaming the setup-sheet-excel-template.xls for instance because you are saving it to the default post location this will not work considering the setup-sheet-excel.cps is referencing the setup-sheet-excel-template.xls not another file name.
Keith Clausen
Gcode In Motion

SolidWorks 2021
HSMWorks 2022
Message 8 of 10
keith.clausen

If you are looking to just post the tool list have you tried;

• tool-sheet.cps

• tool-sheet-csv.cps

Keith Clausen
Gcode In Motion

SolidWorks 2021
HSMWorks 2022
Message 9 of 10
glen

Well no, i didnt even realize those existed 🙂 Thanks Keith..

I was missing the excel template. Didn't realize both needed to be installed.
Message 10 of 10
keith.clausen

;D
Keith Clausen
Gcode In Motion

SolidWorks 2021
HSMWorks 2022

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report