Pointing Devices and Displays

Pointing Devices and Displays

Rholo
Message 1 of 6 (537 Views)

wrong command from keyboard abbreviations

537 Views, 5 Replies
08-26-2010 02:53 PM

I have been using autocad for many years.  within the last year, i have had a recurring and terribly frustrating issue.

I'm pretty sure it started happening after an update, but i cant remember what revision.  I'm using 2011 now.

when i type "tr" for trim with my left hand, and right click for "enter", autocad only sees the "t" for text.

if i slow down and exaggerate my movements, it will work fine.

The same happens when i type "ex" for extend, i get only "e" for erase and "mi" for mirror, i get "m" for move.

this is a constant problem throughtout the day for me and it is really slowing me down.  when i'm trying to extend lines, i never know if i'm going to extend them or erase them.

even though i can see the "tr" on the screen, if i right click too quickly, it is only the "t" that cad recognizes.  After so many years, it is pretty much impossible to slow down my movements.

Anyone have a solution for this besides slowing down my clicking?  has anyone else had this problem?

thanks you.

asdemeter
Message 2 of 6 (532 Views)

Re: wrong command from keyboard abbreviations

08-26-2010 03:32 PM in reply to: Rholo
Sounds like you need a new keyboard, perhaps?
Rholo
Message 3 of 6 (529 Views)

08-26-2010 03:36 PM in reply to: asdemeter

actually, i use a remote keyboard and have multiple keyboards and mice and it doesnt matter which ones i'm using.  and it is not just me, a coworker does have the same problem, and we're both trying to figure out what to do about it.  something is wrong with cad, a setting, or maybe something else. 

asdemeter
Message 4 of 6 (527 Views)

08-26-2010 05:18 PM in reply to: Rholo
I'm at a loss, then. It's certainly odd. My only other guess would be hardware like RAM or something. It sounds like it intermittently, very briefly freezes up...
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 5 of 6 (506 Views)

09-01-2010 05:30 AM in reply to: Rholo

Don't "mouse" right-click as <enter>: it's been an issue since R2008, no real fix other than getting a mouse with more buttons and using the mouse driver assigning <enter> it's own button away from the first three.

<enter>, <tab> and <spacebar> can all be used for that same function 99% of the time: it's how I've been speed drafting since 1989 in AutoCAD (old school real speed).

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
*Expert Elite*
GrantsPirate
Message 6 of 6 (388 Views)

12-12-2010 02:19 PM in reply to: Rholo

Do you use dynamic input?  That can cause that problem on some setups.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.