Pointing Devices and Displays

Pointing Devices and Displays

cutty
Message 1 of 3 (239 Views)

mouse button help

239 Views, 2 Replies
02-27-2012 05:51 AM

I am running acad 2010 in windows, recently bought new wireless mouse 2000 / keyboard 2000 combination with 1 usb.  The scroll button does not seem to work to good with panning, so I was wanting to change pan button from the wheel to a chord button (left and right buttons at same time).  Is this possible and how do I do it if it is?

Thanks in advance.

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 2 of 3 (231 Views)

Re: mouse button help

02-27-2012 09:28 AM in reply to: cutty

The Mouse software perhaps?

Assign buttons specific to CAD may be what you are looking for.

This whould be outside of CAD unless you are fiddling with MBUTTONPAN variable.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
Kudos + gladly accepted if you are feeling magnanimous

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
*Expert Elite*
dgorsman
Message 3 of 3 (222 Views)

Re: mouse button help

02-28-2012 12:03 PM in reply to: cutty

Let me guess, its got a left/right tilt wheel (Logitech ones are particularly twitchy for me)?  With tilt wheels it can be difficult to get a proper middle button click when you switch to a new mouse because your fingers can give just enough offset to do a "tilt" rather than a middle button.  Until you get accustomed check which way your finger naturally pushes the wheel, set that tilt the same as the middle button, and disable the tilt action in the other direction.

The changes are the same as setting a "chord" selection - in the mouse driver software.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.