Pointing Devices and Displays

Pointing Devices and Displays

Distinguished Contributor
was_saxman
Message 1 of 5 (689 Views)

Logitech MX310 help or replacement?

689 Views, 4 Replies
02-04-2011 07:49 AM

HI I am lookng for the best option for ACAD 2011 Win 7 64 bit system....here is my problem...I have and love the MX310 with its progemmable buttons..........my computer recentely was upgraded to the above specs from WinXP 32 bit.......I got the latest Setpoint 6.2 and it worked great for 1.5 days.......yesterday the just extra buttons stopped working, (scroll, pan, L& R click, middle button for Zoom Extents all fine)..........tried a few uninstalls, added ubeeroptions etc....no luck....at this point I will just go and get a new mouse .......MS or Logitech I don't care which, just as long as it has the most buttons I can reliably use with ACAD 20110..........

thanks in advance for any tips........

Randy..

"...apparently they are painting the Superbowl field, Dorito Chip Orange to support a major sponsor".....

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 5 (679 Views)

Re: Logitech MX310 help or replacement?

02-04-2011 03:42 PM in reply to: was_saxman

What will you do when a day and half later the replacement stops because of the same system issue?

Did you try a system rstore before all the changes you stated? What got installed the day or night it broke? Change keyboards or keyboard assignments? Load a new CUI? Load a new AutoCAD profile?

Start a new Windows Profile and try again yet?

Software does not just stop working: if it was a hardware issue replacing the mouse (not seeing it as something you tried) would be the next thing to try.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
was_saxman
Message 3 of 5 (676 Views)

02-04-2011 06:20 PM in reply to: pendean

Thanks Dean.....all good suggestions ......didn't think about most of those as none of them were issues I would think were involved as the problem occurred midday without any other changes (that I am aware of) ....I will explore / try  all of those ideas......the MX310 is older so I think maybe not as compatible with the latest Setpoint 6.2 and Win 7 64 bit.....Logitech has sent me older Setpoint 4.8 for 64 bit...that may work but I will try a restore ......not sure if it is a CAD thing(ie Cui or Profile) as the extra key, set as Delete, stopped working like it used to in other apps like Word or Outlook

Randy

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 5 (659 Views)

02-07-2011 05:28 AM in reply to: was_saxman

>>>..set as Delete, stopped working like it...<<<

PICKFIRST variable, set it to 1. Same with PICKADD.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
was_saxman
Message 5 of 5 (651 Views)

02-08-2011 09:47 AM in reply to: was_saxman

Thanks Dean...........the older Setpoint version tha Logitech sent me  seems to be working for me .....so far

Randy

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.