Pointing Devices and Displays

Pointing Devices and Displays

johnsnow
Message 1 of 2 (261 Views)

Graphire 2 tablet behavior with Acad 2012 and Win 7

261 Views, 1 Replies
02-06-2012 08:43 AM

After many years we were finally able to upgrade my system to a Win 7 system (from XP) and Acad 2012 (from 2006).  I have noticed a few quirks in the way my Wacom Graphire 2 tablet interacts with Autocad now.  The main issue is that with a mouse, I can click on a toolbar button that has a submenu (zoom options, for example)j, hold it down for a second, and the submenu appears.  With the pen, I have to hold it down for 3-4 seconds, with that silly Win 7 circle appearing in the interim.  Is there a way to speed this action up?

A second issue is that the osnap search distance seems to be much greater that before.  I mean, the distance from the cursor to the suggested osnap point is much greater than before.  Is this an Acad 2012 "feature", and if so, can I reduce that distance?

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 2 (244 Views)

Re: Graphire 2 tablet behavior with Acad 2012 and Win 7

02-09-2012 12:53 PM in reply to: johnsnow

I will leave #1 for someone with your same setup.

#2 is the same as 2006, unless #1 is the influence, is the Autosnap Settings in OPTIONS's Drafting Tab, as well as Marker Size and most importantly the settings for APBOX and APERTURE.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.