Pointing Devices and Displays

Pointing Devices and Displays

claytonlewis2444
Message 1 of 5 (1,050 Views)

Assign Auto Snaps to Mouse Button

1050 Views, 4 Replies
02-11-2010 11:58 AM
A previous company I worked for had our mice set up to allow a list of object snaps come up when drawing objects by clicking on one of the thumb buttons on our mice.

Does anyone know how this is done? Is it a variable that needs to be changed within Autocad or is it a LISP routine?

Thanks.

EDIT: Epiphany(SP?) Amazing what that crazy CUI has hidden it. Got it figured out. Wanted to assign the Snap Menu command to a mouse button. All I did was go to CUI and assign a key stroke to the Snap Menu command then assigned that key stroke to one of my mouse buttons. Edited by: claytonlewis2444 on Feb 11, 2010 8:41 PM
Valued Mentor
hardin
Message 2 of 5 (1,050 Views)

Re: Assign Auto Snaps to Mouse Button

03-16-2010 11:29 AM in reply to: claytonlewis2444
There are a couple things you can do.
The first, non-programming thing is to do Shift+RightClick. That should pull up a menu for osnaps overrides.
Also, what we do, is reprogram a 5 button mouse's thumb buttons (usually forward and back for web browsing) to F3 and F8 which are the Osnap toggle and Ortho toggle in AutoCAD.
If you have the right mouse and right mouse software, I guess you could program one of those buttons for Shift+RightClick, but just doing the Shift+Rightclick is not that much of a big deal.
Lyle.
Contributor
EmmanuelGarcia
Message 3 of 5 (709 Views)

02-03-2011 07:14 AM in reply to: hardin

Back in the days when most CUI customization occurred using acad.mnu, mns and mnr files, there was the ability to assign commands or macros to mouse, tablet and auxiliary input device buttons. Based on my experience with upgrades, I imagined the ability still exists and must be "hidden" ;-) in another area of the CUI customization.

Warm regards from Los Angeles,

Emmanuel

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 5 (691 Views)

02-04-2011 03:37 PM in reply to: EmmanuelGarcia

Hidden? in CUI under Mouse Buttons and Keyobard Shortcuts are not really hidden  :smileyhappy:

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Contributor
EmmanuelGarcia
Message 5 of 5 (676 Views)

02-07-2011 06:51 AM in reply to: claytonlewis2444

Hi Dean,

It's great to see how you've consistently continued participating in these forum. Kudos to you. You shall be named the Autodesk forum champion.

Moved = Hidden :smileysurprised:whenever the method changes. Reminds me of the book "Who Moved My Cheese?" Thanks for taking time to point out the exact new location. Warm regards from Los Angeles,

Emmanuel

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.